55 - The Waves Begin to Spread

Gazel Dwargon, the Warrior King of the Kingdom of Dwargon, one of the most recognized kings in all of the country's history. Under his leadership, the kingdom had reached a level of development both technological and military almost unsurpassed among western nations, being considered the west's own shield against the Eastern Empire.

At this very moment, Gazel was in the Research Department's lab, looking at all the results the research group had to offer.

The Department had abandoned many projects in the past, some being considered an impossible dream to achieve and others due to accidents that occurred during research, but today the department, under new leadership, resumed one of its most important research projects.

The Magic Soldier project.

Kaijin, who had returned to his post as the Head of the Research Department, was personally making changes to the design, adding parts to the mechanical body while Vesta, the department's second-in-command, was reviewing the machine's programming. All the other scientists were giving their assistance as much as possible, but nothing they did even came close to the work these two did.

Gazel felt as if an image from the past - of his loyal and devoted subordinates - had returned after a long time. Still, even though a part of him felt glad that the old days were back, another part felt grief.

After all, the old days hadn't returned without a threat that could threaten Gazel. No, not just Gazel. All of Dwargon was under threat, and all because of the existence of a single entity.

A slime.

A single anomalous slime, the kind of creature humans always ignored, had appeared, and now Gazel was afraid for his race's future. A creature that the king himself wasn't sure he could defeat, a creature that Gazel was sure would have a great future if he didn't end up dead for his own arrogance.

A part of Gazel wished he'd killed him in that courtroom, eliminating the problem with him still weak, but he didn't at the time. Gazel knew that if he had started a fight, the resulting battle would reach all the way to the city and the chance that a large amount of the people he was trying to protect would end up dead was more than likely.

Therefore, Gazel let the slime escape, hoping that, with enough preparation, it would be easily defeated in the future.

For that reason too, Gazel had sent subordinates to the forest to observe the slime in secret and send him the information, ensuring that it didn't get too strong.

If that slime started to seem too strong for him to defeat, Gazel would have no option but to personally go to the battlefield and defeat it, before it ended up becoming a threat to all humans. Otherwise, Dwargon - and perhaps the entire West - would be in jeopardy.

Maybe if we get away from the Luminists...

That thought flashed through Gazel's mind for an instant, but he soon erased it from his mind. The western church was too powerful an organization, with Luminists all over the continent, even in the Eastern Empire. If Gazel and Dwargon, a nation that had a history of transacting and making deals with monsters, abandoned Luminism, that would be no different than declaring that they are on the side of monsters, even more so if that slime starts acting up.

Furthermore...

Even that slime can't defeat her. If she came against us because she thought we were allied with that slime... not even I could defeat her.

Gazel felt his spine run cold just remembering the church's trump card, the most powerful human in the entire west. That girl, who was more of a monster from Gazel's point of view, had been the most powerful entity he had ever seen. Her Unique Skill [Dictator] was useless in the face of all this girl's power, he hadn't seen anything of her mind, and not only that, Gazel could see that she could feel that he tried to use his skill on her.