19 - Tempest

I was feeling a slight sense of dejavu. Goblins and wolves were all around me, all watching me with their expectant eyes, waiting for my reaction as if it were the most important thing in the whole world, totally focused on me as if one word from me could destroy the world.

Of course, there was a difference. Now those in front of me were not the hundreds of subordinates from a small village, but the thousands of goblins who had rallied to our cause.

It was practically the same one I saw before I left for Dwargon, with the difference that now my subordinates were so many that I lost sight of them in the distance.

Even so, I didn't let myself be put off by the kind of look they gave me and instead continued to stare at them along with Rigurdo, Rigur, Gobuta and Petulant-kun while grabbing an appetizer they served on the table. in front of me and absorbed it into my body, savoring it with my whole being.

Of course, the fact that two hundred became thirteen thousand in such a short time left me stunned, but I decided to accept that fact with joy.

After sipping the aperitif, I turned my attention to the thousands of faces in front of me again. As expected, all goblins evolved after being named. Now, those ten thousand goblins had effectively evolved into Hob Goblins and Goblins, although their forms were slightly different from each other because of the names he had given them.

At the moment, each of these goblins is roughly at rank B-, a rank higher than what a normal hobgoblin or goblin would attain. Of course, considering the process I went through, it's not a big surprise, after all, instead of just a name, I also gave each of them a last name.

It seems that this allowed them to evolve not just one, but two, or is it better, one and a half?

Each of them has developed certain traits that set them apart from hobgoblins and goblins that I haven't named, and that trait varies depending on which of the five clans the goblin is named after.

Members of the Iwa clan have stout, "solid" bodies, befitting their names, and the members' hair is streaked or dyed a bronze color. This clan was dedicated to the craft of construction, blacksmithing, crafts and, of course, cooking.

Even Gobichi, one of the original goblins I named, is also a member of that clan and was the person who cooked the snacks I was eating.

The Kiri clan also has members with stout bodies, but this clan has people of all types among them. That's because, despite being designed for combat, some of them have thin and fast bodies, excellent for light weapons and fast movement. In fact, all those in this clan, or at least most of them, have locks of hair as blue as the sea.

Gobuemon, one of the goblins of the original group that has a wolf as a partner, one who was in charge of helping Rigur, became a member of that clan.

After that, the Kaze clan, which is mostly made up of people with slender and thin bodies. They don't look very strong, despite their well-defined arms, but their lack of strength for close combat is made up for by their ability and accuracy. They were chosen to be our country's hunters, which made me have to increase the number of bows and crossbows by two thousand...

By the way, Haruna, who I thought I could put as my secretary, decided to join that group. It was interesting to see her white hair gaining golden streaks, like the others in this clan.

The other clan that has members with slender bodies is the Kumo clan. I had chosen them to be scouts in battles, spies in enemy kingdoms, and in the event that I ever achieve peace in my own nation, which I believe will take a while to happen, they would serve as policemen who watch over everyone. from the shadows.