53 - Attempted Murder

The sleep I've been feeling has numbed my senses like I'm asleep, only at the same time I'm wide awake. Was this what everyone called sleep paralysis? To be awake but unable to move, as if I were asleep? What a truly terrifying thing!!!

Well, of course it wasn't that simple. In fact, all of this was because I had become too strong.

Simply put, my new skill: [Spirit Processing], allows me to think using only my soul as a vessel instead of using my body. Because of this, I can no longer remain unconscious, even when I'm in a state of hibernation. Of course, my body is disabled, and normally I wouldn't be able to use my skills in this condition, but because I can only use my skills with my soul, my [Spell Perception] is still working.

That is, although I have been in hibernation for two days, without being able to speak or interact with my surroundings, I am one hundred percent conscious, seeing and hearing everything that happens around me normally, after all my soul is incapable of rest.

Well, I could ask Ciel to block my [Spirit Processing] and allow me to become truly unconscious, or I could ask Ciel to simulate an "artificial sleep" that would make me feel like I was actually sleeping, but a slime wouldn't. need something like that.

Also, I'm not crazy enough not to be aware of my surroundings, if I can be.

As well? Good...

I'm sure something would happen. Ciel herself confirmed to me that there was a high possibility that I would be attacked now that I'm in the Village of Ogres, away from most of my appointed subordinates, and hibernating to regain my strength. In fact, anyone who saw one of my fights and still decided not to take the opportunity is probably either crazy or much more powerful than I am.

Well, in the end, I decided to leave my body's safety in Ciel's hands.

There is? Still don't understand what I'm talking about? Well... I can explain, but isn't it a lot more fun to follow along? I would make popcorn, but at the moment I'm immobilized... So I hope you guys can just enjoy the show!! The battle against

<<Who are you talking to?>>

Hmm... With anyone, Ciel-san. I'm just bored of being alone for two days, not being able to move a muscle. Well, let's get back to our regular schedule!

***

The leader of the ogres continued to stare in the direction of the door, his face expressing mixed feelings.

In the end. how strong was the little creature that became their leader? A slime, not unlike the slimes he saw every spring in appearance at least, had arrived at the ogres' village and, practically single-handedly, had defeated all the troops. The creatures that were among the most powerful in the Jura Forest had been defeated by a monster that was among the weakest. And after doing that he had not only taken the ogres' village for himself, his charisma had been enough to take even the hearts of the ogres for his own.

Sincerely, a part of the Former Chief of Ogres—Aka felt jealous. In his entire life as the chief of the ogres, Aka had dominated using his great power and talent, talent that had motivated all of his fellow ogres to follow him, the strongest ogre, in whatever he pursued. Even after having children he had recovered from the loss of strength, something that a good number of monsters failed to achieve, and thus he maintained his supremacy.

Still, that was as far as he came—being an exceptional ogre.

Rimuru? Despite being a slime, he surpassed it in the amount of spells, number of skills and the latent talent that his body seemed to ooze, as if he was some kind of creature thousands of years old. He possessed more strength than all the ogres put together, he had the experience of a true warrior and the charisma of a leader that in an instant made all the ogres, even the group that had fought him, decide to follow him faithfully, all this before even though he offered to name them.