54 - Unexpected Savior

Tsuki felt her heart flutter along with the explosion that occurred, her heightened senses telling her that this explosion came from the same place Rimuru was resting. He's different from other monsters, hibernation somehow makes him fully recover, only he wouldn't normally wake up blowing things up.

And, considering the dryad was there, there was no mistaking the source of the explosion.

Ignoring Ciel, who still didn't seem to care what happened, Tsuki put all her strength into her feet and charged forward, raising a cloud of dust as she went.

If Rimuru really was vulnerable, the way he said he would be when hibernation mode started, then she and the others had to protect him. Fortunately, the Aka seemed to understand the concern she felt, moving right behind her to head in the direction of where Rimuru was.

BOOM

And then, another explosion occurred.

As this time the two were closer to the explosion site, they could clearly see how flames were burning all over the floor Rimuru was on, and a part of the wall seemed to have been knocked down by the explosion. People who were close to the building, including those Aka asked to defend Rimuru in case of an enemy attack, ran away from the explosion site, with burns on their bodies or coughing from the smoke.

Needless to say, how annoyed Tsuki and Aka had been seeing the soldiers who were supposed to be defending the place run away like that, but they decided to think more calmly about this matter later.

After all, it's also true that Rimuru wouldn't want his subordinates to lose their lives in a battle they can't win like this.

While thinking about it Tsuki saw a jet of fire leave the floor where Rimuru was resting, but the energy of that magic wasn't Rimuru's. In fact, Tsuki didn't know who this fire magic belonged to, the only thing she knew was that this was spirit magic and it was powerful, a thing that only increased the possibility that it was Treyni attacking Rimuru.

And, with Rimuru's [Multi-Layer Barrier] turned off, he...

"Calm down at once. I told you everything is going according to plan."

Treyni heard those words, and at the same time, she stopped running. In front of her, Ciel had appeared out of pure nothingness, stepping out from within a shadow next to her. Aka, who was running after her, also stopped running, having noticed the presence of Ciel, who should have stayed behind, but not questioning it.

"Rimuru was never in danger... After all, there's still someone defending him..."

As soon as he heard that, Tsuki saw the wall where Rimuru was standing and two figures were revealed. She didn't personally recognize either of the two figures, but a smile formed on her face because, even though she couldn't recognize who they were, Tsuki was still able to know what they were.

After all, they were both spirits.

***

Treyni was ready to fire her magic, and suddenly, a spark—

"Get away from Rimuru-sama!!!"

—A single spark that left Rimuru's body turned into a large ball of fire that flew towards him.

Treyni backed away, aware that she wouldn't have come out of this with few injuries if she'd been hit by that attack. She might have recovered, but she still wasn't back to her one hundred percent and, to make matters worse, she didn't have Sylphide to help her when things got bad. Of course, she was strong in her own right, but even she had to admit that her abilities as a dryad weren't exactly geared towards combat, and that's why Sylphide had always been a great help.