25 - Human guests (prisioners) p1

It's been three days since my confrontation with Treyni, the dryad who tried to kill me. Except for Petulant-kun, no one else in Tempest knows about the confrontation. I don't want the subordinates I've gathered to have to choose between the dryad and me.

At least, I still don't want them to have to choose.

What happened is too big for me to throw at them, even though it would force me to carry all the weight and apprehension alone.

What happened showed me that I will have enemies in this world, whether I like it or not. They could pop up all of a sudden, be in all sorts of places, and in the end their aim will be to destroy me and those who follow me, simply for being "unholy".

In my mind, with the exception of my [Unholy] skill, any reference to the word "unholy" has become taboo, either to me or others. The most offensive thing has somehow become the simplest possible word.

What right have others to judge our nature? Do they consider themselves some kind of god whose will is absolute? You know, I'm an atheist, so if you consider yourself a god, you better dodge that punch in the face!!!

This god behind Ruminism would be the first, I would definitely smash the nose of the person this monster hunting religion is based on. I just don't hate the "god" behind it as much as I hate the god of reincarnation that made me slime. I'll definitely bust that last one's nose... though I have to thank him too.

Back on track... What transpired between me and Treyni showed that there are strong opponents out there, and while I can handle them, my subordinates cannot. Together my subordinates were strong, but people like Treyni were simply out of scale and there would be nothing they could do...yet, at least.

If I had to say, the ogres, Treyni... and the Armored Nation of Dwargon, these are the enemies I currently have that my people cannot handle. Be it weaponry, refinement of techniques, or the strength of exceptional individuals... These three groups could easily defeat all of my subordinates.

Gazel, Treyni and the old ogre. These three in particular could hold an even chance fight against the current me.

Before I was only able to beat Treyni because she didn't know my skills well. She seemed to have knowledge of [Unholy], [Predator], [Metamorfosis], and from the way she hid she must have had some notion of [Six Supernatural Senses]. All these skills were used by me with a certain frequency or I had already told someone, which confirms that she was watching me.

Still, she offered me a painless death twice and then threatened a painful death, which indicates that she didn't know about my [Pain Invalidation]. Did the Sage realize right away that she was only supposed to know what I used or talked about to others, not the things I kept secret from everyone?

Because of that, [Storm Magic], which was acquired in Dwargon and which I never told anyone, at least until three days ago, was the right answer. The consumption was too high so I didn't want to use it, but the strength was excellent and, with the exception of my Unique Skill [Block], it was the only thing I had that could stop Treyni. It used up ninety percent of the magicules I had, but it was an excellent result.

And since Treyni wouldn't let me touch her due to [Predator] that was my only option. The skill [Block] needed direct physical contact, it couldn't be used.

Regardless, the outcome of this battle was pure luck, just like when I left Dwargon. If King Gazel decided to fight me, then I would be dead by now, and he might even have cornered me outside in the woods to avoid harm.

If I'm alive today, then it's because Gazel didn't want to kill me.

"That's annoying..."

"Excuse me, Rimuru-sama?!"