12 - This isn't Cheating, It's Just His Part of the Deal

"What are you doing here, petulant girl? It wasn't enough to piss me off all the way to Dwargon, do you still want to continue?"

"Is this how you get one of your subordinates? What a horrible boss I got, huh."

This exchange took place between me and the petulant goblina, both of us looking each other in the eye, but soon a smile appeared on my face. How could I forget about that ? The deal we both made? An agreement is an agreement, after all, so both sides have to abide by their parts of the agreement.

"Well, well, my mistake. How could I forget about that? I'm counting on you from now on, my dear Petulant-kun!"

"Oh, you..."

"Kaidou-san. Could you continue to guide us?"

I ignored her as I asked this to Kaidou, who nodded at my words with a noticeable nervousness on his face, and then he started to guide us. Still, he tried to keep as much distance from me and the Petulant-kun beside me as possible, as if the small aura filled with powerful killing intent she was releasing had something to do with it. Should it be? Well, I don't know and I don't care, after all, as I'm the boss, she can't touch me.

With me totally ignoring the Petulant goblina, we continued our walk towards the blacksmith Kaidou recommended us, still keeping some distance so as not to frighten him with the goblina's aura. Of course, that forced me to walk beside that Petulant girl, and whenever that happens we fight, but we'd only get in trouble if one of us started talking, so I think everything will be fine if I keep quiet.

"Hey, slime-san, you shouldn't forget our deal, huh? I'll only serve you until I find the person I really want to serve. The one who is able to raise the dead and thus fulfill my desire."

I spoke too soon.

I turned towards the Petulant-kun, staring at the expression on her face, and a smile appeared on my face as I thought of the right answer for her.

"Yes, yes, you already said. And I've also said that I'll become capable of doing that just so I can rub that petulant little face of yours that you're going to have to serve me forever."

She looked annoyed for a second, but what did she expect? She started talking, so it stands to reason that it would end up in a fight, no matter how you look at it. And while I can imagine the reasons she's obsessed with working for someone who can raise the dead, I couldn't understand why she has to act this annoying way of hers with me.

As I thought about that, I suddenly saw how she was reaching out towards me on the ground.

"Come here."

Doubtfully, I turned towards her, after all she said it quite suddenly. Why was she with his arms outstretched towards me? Did she want to hug me? Or did she want to give me a rear naked choke and end the loose ends they knew about the bet? At least, I can't imagine hugging me being what she wanted. She really wanted to give me a rear naked choke, didn't she?

"It's irritating to hear this Poyon~ Poyon~ of you jumping on the floor every two seconds so hurry up. I'll carry you."

At first, I hesitated. I mean, this petulant goblina usually wants to kill me every five seconds and then suddenly wants to carry me? This is, at the very least, something to fear. But... Let's say her Poyon~ Poyon~ called me, so I jumped into a hug, ignoring any danger.

"Why do I feel like you just thought of something unpleasant?"

"Your impression."

"What about your line of sight? Where do you think you were looking?"