Side Story 2# - The birth of the Tempest Moon

I entered through the hole in the wall. Luckily I didn't have to work too hard to find Rimuru. Unfortunately Rimuru was not normal; he was on his feet, thrashing out of control like he was in pain.

When the thought that Rimuru was in pain crossed my mind I felt like my brain had stopped processing.

Rimuru was suffering with pain and it was my fault.

"Rimuru!"

I ran towards Rimuru and got ready to use my Extra Skill [Mage] and assess what his state was, and try to find a way to solve his problem. Maybe that way I could have at least the slightest chance of helping.

To begin with, this was my fault. If you hadn't interfered with Rimuru while he was reincarnating Shizu, if you hadn't interfered with him, he would have ended everything perfectly and would have been in perfect shape. He would have worked miracles, as he always has since I've known him and as I know he will continue to do...if he survives.

As soon as my analysis ended, I received the result: his spirit body was damaged.

My mind went into a whirlwind of information, and I tried with all my might to find a way to save Rimuru.

But I couldn't.

The spiritual body is a very delicate part for a monster, and when it is damaged, it can even affect our physical form. This was even more true for Rimuru, who was born of magic and whose body was almost entirely originally composed of magic.

So how should I go about helping Rimuru? Isn't it enough that I took Satoru's life?! Now I have to hurt another person who helped me...?

Before I finished thinking the tears had already started to well up in my eyes, and when I reached out my hand to place Rimuru in my lap I-

"Huff..."

-I was thrown across the room.

My back hit the wall. Despite not having suffered much damage, the impact was very aggressive, and it was to the point of knocking the air out of my lungs. For a moment I didn't even understand what exactly it was that had hit me before I finally regained my composure.

Opening my eyes and raising my hands, I faced my attacker prepared to use defensive magic and protect Rimuru, but stopped in my tracks.

"Rimuru...?"

Nothing.

In front of me I saw Rimuru rising from the ground, not in the form of a slime, but his body had assumed a deformed form, mimicking several creatures, all at the same time. His arms and legs were deformed, he had a tail sticking out of his back and countless heads left his body, all with their eyes turned towards me.

It was a nightmare image, the Rimuru with no hint of intelligence in its eyes. What was there was... the ferocity of a wild animal.

"Rimuru? What... Wait! It's not just your spirit body that's injured, is it?"

For an instant, it all made sense. Rimuru, crazy as he is, didn't think twice about using his own soul to protect Shizu. The force of the blow damaged his soul, affecting Rimuru's sanity and leaving his soul wounded.

As soon as that realization came to me I felt my cheeks grow hot with my tears that wouldn't stop flowing.

"Energy... I need... energy... Give me... energy...!"

Rimuru started towards me, still staring at me with a hungry gaze. I felt the same as I felt when I first hunted a monster, being watched through the eyes of a beast that plans to devour me, and as a result I tried to back away.