15 - ???

(The title of the chapter will be at the end, because... I want it! HAHAHAHAHAHA. This is me using and abusing my author power [hope you respect it]. Hope you like the chapter, one of the most important turning points that will define the future of the fic [and we are still at the beginning of it], that's why I planned this one and the next one. Keep reading and, above all, ENJOY!!!)

Well, I can't say I missed it, but I must admit that a prison cell can be quite comfortable once you get used to it. I'm not saying this to fool myself or anything, but I'm really starting to feel comfortable in this place, even if I don't know if it's good or bad.

I will consider it neutral.

Turning around, I looked in the direction of the three dwarf brothers and Kaijin, who shared the same cell as me. I felt a little guilty for putting them in this situation, but... Well, I don't have any "buts".

I really feel guilty this time, I have nowhere to run. After all, in the end, it's my fault and mine alone.

"Sorry for getting you guys into this trouble, friends. I think it all turned out... a lot bigger than I imagined."

I ducked my head a little towards the four of them, not knowing if I should look them in the eye or not. I've lost friendships for getting people into trouble before, and the last thing I want is to see it happen again because I'm reckless with my actions and hurting potential friends with my actions.

Even so, Kaijin's answer surprised me.

"Hahahaha. There's nothing to apologize for, Rimuru-dono. The only thing I regret is that I didn't punch Vesta or two before you dumped him."

The others seemed to agree with the Kaijin as they had smiles on their faces, and they had said something like that before, but I still felt a little guilty. I mean, a friend can tell you it's okay, but when you make them suffer punishment along with you, you can't help but feel guilty.

Still, what really impressed me was...

"Besides, Rimuru-dono... Don't put your head down so easily. When you put your head down, everyone who follows you puts their heads down too, you know? And you're pretty strong, you know? So... just don't let those below you suffer, stand tall and protect everyone head on. That's what will make you a good leader!"

Kaijin's words seemed to hit me like a knife and I somehow lifted my head. I was immune to pain, but I felt my heart tighten at the thought of how my actions could hurt not only my friends, but also my subordinates...which somehow felt so much worse to me.

Maybe that was just my pride talking, but I feel like those words are true.

I am a king now, not just any king, but the king of a nation of monsters and one that aims to become one of the demon lords that rule the top of the world. Even though at this moment I am still weaker than many of my future opponents, I could not let my actions make my subordinates suffer.

After that, strangely enough, the silence ended up falling and, in the end, we ended up deciding to go to sleep and leave the other conversations for tomorrow. Even though I didn't need sleep, the three brothers and Kaijin did, and it didn't take a genius to see the weariness on their faces, other than the fact that they needed to get rid of their drunkenness.

I decided to take advantage of the free time at night to review my plans, something I've been doing every day since the others needed to sleep, and I took the opportunity to see the notifications that Sábio gave me in the last few hours. When I saw that "hell training" was finished, I had a great desire to see him to train a certain subordinate-kun as soon as possible, but I realized that there was another announcement that I hadn't heard before.