Side Story 3# - Miho Sawatari

<This chapter may contain triggers, so if you have a problem with these things please don't read this. Why are you still here? I asked you to leave! Pushy person! Are you still reading this?!! Well, if you've made it this far, then you must be aware that every tear that is shed will not be my responsibility. So... this is a special chapter and as such it should be 1500~2500. Despite this, he passed a little bit of that number. Just like 6000 words. Well... I can only say that Sawatari's story was bigger than I expected, and I still try to contain my heart from wishing her a happier ending than what I had planned for her. Well, let's just say that revenge and forgiveness will all come in due time, and soon happiness will follow. Until then, please weep over this magnificent heart-wrenching story.>

.................................................................. .................................................................. .................................................................. ..........

One last breath.

Even in the noisy crowd that was surrounding us I felt like I could hear... the last little breath of a person, on the verge of losing their life.

Who was this person again...?

***

Satoru-senpai stopped breathing.

Tamura's tears didn't stop falling, Satoru's lifeless body propped up still in his arms. An ambulance took another five minutes to arrive where we were. In the end, all the doctors did was confirm the obvious, say Satoru was dead, and take his body with them.

The cops practically walked up to them, asked us some basic questions, and then let us go. They told us that they would talk to us again in the future, but that, for now, we are too shaken up to do so.

Of course, I myself didn't stop crying from Satoru's death until the doctors and police left, and even then I didn't stop crying.

I sure as hell wasn't in a position to go through all that right now...

As for Satoru's cell phone, which was in his pocket, Tamura took the cell phone before the police arrived and put it in his pocket. While no one was around he whispered to me that he would get rid of the cell phone since it was Satoru's wish. I agreed with him on that matter, of course.

After all, that was Satoru's last wish for both of us.

It might be the wrong thing to do, but it's not like the cops need his cell phone to help with their investigation! Furthermore, if we couldn't fulfill his last wish, a wish he made in his last moments, then I feel like we wouldn't have the right to call ourselves Satoru's friend.

Well, actually, Tamura was Satoru's friend. I'm just his girlfriend... but I feel that if even after Satoru gave his life for ours I didn't consider myself his friend, then I could never call myself Satoru's friend.

"Don't worry, Miho... We'll get through this... together..."

I looked at Tamura's face. He himself was crying more than I was, something I had never seen him do. It may be that Satoru wasn't Tamura's best friend, but he was a great friend and Tamura told me about him since he joined our school. Apparently, since day one, Satoru had helped him with a lot of things he had trouble with.

And now Tamura was trying to look strong for me.

Of course, I am also shaken by what happened. I had never seen a person die right in front of me like that, let alone someone the same age as me. And if you add to that the fact that Satoru-senpai is a person I saw almost every day in the halls of school, even if I didn't talk to him very often, then this situation only seemed worse.