50 - Onesided Massacre p3

A few minutes before...

Ciel stopped walking after he had gone far enough away. Now, not only would Rimuru not see her fight against the special ogress she had chosen to test, there would also be a low probability that either battle could interfere with the other. Ciel was the one who was most aware of the skills Rimuru had acquired, even more than Rimuru himself, and she knew how much her skills could affect the environment around her.

Even just [Geo-Force] was more than enough to turn a good portion of the forest into a sea of ​​rocks, and could even erase a mountain from the map, of course only if used properly.

Still, from the distance they were at, Ciel was sure there would be no further interference than expected.

"With this, we can begin our battle."

Speaking these words, Ciel stopped where he was and turned to the two behind her, the two ogres descended from the Chief of Ogres. There weren't many emotions in her voice, she still hadn't specified what kind of emotions she should have in battle situations with someone who wasn't an "enemy" of Rimuru, like in the current case, but she had a certain determination in her gaze despite not have emotions.

Indeed, facing the fierce, impassive robotic eyes that Ciel presented, the two ogres, the Elder Son and the Apprentice Priestess, could only raise their guard against the being that stood before them. Despite that, the being in front of them remained impassive, as if it didn't care about their existence, or didn't see them as a threat.

And, with that kind of attitude, Ciel turned towards the Eldest Son, the ogre with two long horns and red hair, and began to speak.

"I must confirm in advance... Do you really want to fight me? Yes? No? After all, I don't see you as my opponent and I don't see the need to see you as such."

The Elder Son of the Chief of Ogres, despite being surprised by the sudden offer, composed himself soon after, getting used to the inhuman behavior that the Majin in front of him had, and replied with a defiant smile.

"Well, you might think so, but you see... You're picking on my little sister, one of the people dearest to me! How do you expect me to just reveal that you're the one who decided to attack her?! I promised my father that I would protect her and I will keep that promise, whatever the cost!!!"

The Son of the Eldest had an iron gaze, proof that despite his inexperience, there was still a determination burning in his chest with more than enough strength that he was motivated to risk his life. Not just his sister, but his pride as the future chief of the ogres, motivated him to fight with all his might.

Motivations that Ciel saw through, understood and that made her smile, even though she didn't feel any emotion about it. It just... seemed like the right thing to do.

"If that is so, then I understand. Still, you are not my enemy. Your opponent has already been alerted and is on his way here to deal with you. So I ask that, for now, you just enjoy the show."

It took a few seconds for the meaning of those words - that Ciel had called someone for backup - to sink in to the two ogres' brains, but upon seeing this, both of their eyes fluttered open and they both felt even more wary.

Ciel was strong, stronger than either of them, and perhaps even the strongest of all ogres, could hope to defeat. Even so, she had asked for help, as if she didn't feel any hint of the pride a strong one should feel.

Still, that just made her scarier.

"Didn't you say you would face us?! How can you ask for help??"

"I didn't promise to face either of the two. Besides, their fight was already well prepared, even before the battle started."