44 - The Ogre Village battle p3

An attack, followed and another, which was followed by another. Without stopping, Akami kept advancing, not only towards the ogre, she attacked the father and daughter with all the strength she had. No matter how hard she was hit, Akami kept counterattacking with all her strength and showing no fear.

Using the sword in his right hand, Akami attacked, aiming for the ogre's neck. She didn't have the strength to decapitate him, but if she hit a vital spot the ogre would be more than unable to continue. Of course, she seemed to have forgotten that she shouldn't kill the ogres unless absolutely necessary, but as long as he wasn't dead the Complete Healing Potion could do the trick.

When the ogre used one of his hands to hit his sword, deflecting the direction the blade was heading, Akami used the sword in his other hand to attack him and she released the first sword, the ogre was forced to defend himself. again and before he could even think about attacking, in Akami's right hand, a spear appeared.

The ogre had no option but to retreat, avoiding being hit by the spear, which he had no way to defend.

As for the ogre's daughter, the sword that Akami released was kicked away, towards her, and she was forced to use her club to defend. Until now, Akami had kept up the fight against both father and daughter using this strategy. No matter how much her father defended himself, Akami would drop her weapons and create new ones so she could keep attacking. Meanwhile, she would kick her fallen weapons, attacking her daughter and preventing her from approaching.

Of course, if the daughter tried to attack, Akami would parry her attacks, and use the dropped weapons to prevent her father from approaching. That way, she would always keep one of them busy and have the fight in a constant 1v1.

A simple but effective strategy. In fact, if that had happened from the start of the battle, and along with a good element of surprise, Akami would have had a good chance of winning, even against an absurdly superior opponent.

Even so...

Akami positioned herself to attack once more, dropping her now useless spear and preparing to slash at the ogre in front of her with a short sword. Still, when she tried to create the sword, Akami felt her vision become a blur, and nothing materialized in her hand.

Akami was out of magic, she was at her limit.

Maybe the ogre noticed that, maybe he just took advantage of the gap that formed at that moment when Akami was surprised, but he attacked, launching several attacks against Akami's body. At the same time, Akami felt his energy drain even more when his [Multi-Layer Barrier] was hit by multiple attacks.

Her body was on edge from all the damage from the blows she had received, and her mind was on the verge of collapsing from the expenditure of spells.

Despite that...

"Take that!!!"

Using the sword in her left hand, Akami forced the ogre back before he could launch another series of attacks, and then she leapt, catching the spear she had thrown away in her right hand again. Fortunately, even though she couldn't create more weapons with her skill, the battlefield was still full of the weapons she had created.

Akami wasn't afraid of her opponent anymore.

"Give up, Akami. You have no real chance of winning this fight! You're at your limit!!"

The ogre said this and charged forward, roaring with excitement. Akami was not far behind. Even weakened, her will to win this battle did not weaken, and using the weapons she had she would attack her enemy until he fell.

Before she could hit, however, a club hit her from the side of her vision, throwing Akami's body away.

"You've been attacking non-stop and now you're distracted? Don't forget... I'm here too!!!"