Chapter 11

Alexandra's POV

An hour has gone by since I finished eating and I'm now sat on the hospital bed watching Netflix on Evan's phone as he watched a game on the TV.

Mom and Dad came to see me a while ago after talking to the doctor and told me that the doctor said I could go home in a few days after they make sure that I'm stable.

Which means a few more boring days in the hospitals uncomfortable bed before I get to go home and sleep in my soft bed that's surrounded by fluffy blankets.

At least you have a fluffy blanket with you here now, courtesy to whichever one of your brothers who brought it for you.

An hour ago, the doctor came in to check on me and see if everything was healing properly, but as soon as my brothers left the room after a lot of protesting, the doctor asked me a question that made all the color drain from my face.

~Flashback~

A knock came from the door and Doctor Watsons came in with a serious look on her face, her eyebrows knitted together in concern.

"Good afternoon, I'm here to check if Alexandra is healing properly or not and I need you to wait outside." She said to my brothers flatly, her eyes holding judgement.

I frantically turned to look at them to see them looking at me with a calm look on their faces, "It's okay princess, she won't do anything. I'll be right outside, okay?" Evan said.

My eyes looked between the Doctor and my brothers before I hesistantly nodded my head while pursing my lips.

"Don't do anything she feels uncomfortable with." Ares glared at the doctor before turning around to leave, without waiting for a reply.

As soon as they left the room, I eyed the doctor with wary eyes, not trusting her one bit.

She looked nice, but so did he at first and it did not end up nice.

She walked towards me and sat on the bed, her white doctors coat wrinkling as she sat on it.

"I know you don't trust me Alexandra, but I just want to help you." She spoke up first with her eyes on me, watching me scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Help me with what?"

Her brown eyes scanned my face before she took a deep breath in and exhaled, the palm of her hand smoothening her wrinkled coat.

"Is anyone hurting you? Are they hurting you?"

A look of puzzlement crossed my features, "What?"

She observed my expression and sighed, "I saw your injuries, they're really bad... and it's my job to inform CPS to make sure you're safe if I feel that there's someone hurting you. Everything on your body is a sign of abuse and torture. Is anyone hurting you? You can tell me if they are, I can help get you away from them and make sure they never come near you again."

My eyes widened as I stared back at her with my mouth hung open. I was so shocked with what she said that I couldn't find words in me to tell her that they're not hurting me, that I'm perfectly safe with them.

A few minutes passed by of me staring at her in disbelief, "Alexandra?"

I shook my head and tilted my head quizzically. "Are they hurting you?" She asked again.

"What?! No! No, no, they've been treating me so well. They could never hurt me." I told her truthfully while trying to sit up straight, pain striking my body.