𝟏𝟗. two secrets

WHITE FLAG

chapter nineteen : two secrets
{ season two - episode five & six }

chapter nineteen : two secrets{ season two - episode five & six }

"I FOUND IT washed up on the creek bed right there," Daryl stated. He was laying on his side, holding an ice pack to the graze on the side of his head. He pointed to the creek on the map to show Rick and Kloe while Hershel stitched up his arrow wound. "She must have dropped it crossing there somewhere."

Rick, who was crouched down beside the bed, whipped his head over to Shane. He was sitting, slouched over, on a chair. Kloe only stared at the map the whole time, leaning against the bed frame.

"Cuts the grid almost in half," Rick informed.

"Yeah, you're welcome," Daryl sarcastically replied, wincing as Hershel pushed a needle through his wound.

"How's he looking?" Rick inquired, noticing the pain in Daryl's expression.

"I had no idea we'd be going through the antibiotics so quickly," Hershel commented, stepping away from Daryl. "Any idea what happened to my horse?"

"Yeah, the one that almost killed me? If it's smart, it left the country," Daryl answered, narrowing his eyes at Hershel.

Hershel rinsed his hands in a tub of water, "We call that one Nelly, as in Nervous Nelly." He wiped his hands with a small cloth, "I could have told you she'd throw you'd bothered to ask. It's a wonder you people have survived this long."

Rick only nodded his head, not knowing what to reply with. Instead, he gestured to Shane and Kloe to follow him and leave, so that's what they did. Kloe wanted Daryl to rest so he could get better, she hated seeing people not being able to do anything.

As the Grimes man opened the door, his wife rose to her feet in the speed of light and looked at her husband. "He'll be alright," he softly said, briefly wrapping his arms around his wife's waist.

Rick and Kloe began to walk away, only to be stopped by Shane when he shut the door behind him. "I hate to say it, but I'm with Hershel on this one," he shook his head, holding his police cap in his hands. "Can't keep going out there, not after this."

Kloe's eyes, slightly widened, glared at Shane with disbelief. There was no way she was going to let that happen, especially after Daryl risked his life. The top thing right then was to find Carol's daughter, and that's what she planned on doing, "You're not serious?"

Rick's face scrunched up, agreeing with Kloe's small statement and harshly stepped toward Shane, "You'd quit now? Daryl just risked his life to bring back the first hard evidence we've had."

Kloe stayed beside Lori and observed as the two men bickered. "That is one way to look at it," Shane rested against the wall, a look on his face that could easily build the youngest adult's courage to punch him across the face. "The way I see it, Daryl almost died today for a doll."