3. Ripple

Monday, 2nd. March. 2015

Was it ironic that my first day of class wasn't actually my first? Knowing that didn't exactly help my nerves in the slightest.

Spring was always the most beautiful season so while I nervously raided my wardrobe this morning I chose a light blue dress, it called to me for some reason. Like some nostalgic kind of déjà vu, sitting pretty on the hanger just waiting for me to slip the soft fabric of it over my skin.

I grabbed my bag before slipping on a white pair of low platforms, the pearls over the straps were cute. Once I double checked I wasn't forgetting anything due to my light nerves I picked up my morning caffeine fix and went on my way to the University campus.

It was a beautiful day, the gentle breeze and soft sound of birds chirping was refreshing, even calming. Over the weekend I'd taken some time to roam the campus grounds to orientate myself with the buildings so I had an idea of where my morning class was.

Once I arrived I felt my nerves peak, but, I pushed past them as I also carefully pushed past other people. Upon noticing a free space further up the isle I made my way there.

Just as I was about the turn into the row of seating a pair of brown bambi eyes caught me. His complexion almost perfection, wavy rich brown curls framed his face, cute bow upper lip, the lower plump and wide. But, I was filled with a swirl of confusion at the apprehensive way his gaze fixed on me.

I broke off from the paused gaze and continued over to the seat I'd picked out. Lately, it felt like I'd been getting an odd amount of unmerited attention.
Or, was I just overreacting because of my nerves?

I mean... On occasion I'd get glances and stares because on my unique features but, it feels a bit different somehow.

Even as I sit here thinking about it I can sense his attention on me. I bit my lip slightly as I glance back, and despite him quickly averting away, I'd caught him looking in my direction. Why?

He was so bad at hiding it, I'll admit it was kinda cute. Not to mention, he was insanely sexy. The way a group of girls off to the side were staring and giggling his way was testament to that. But, that only made me want to avoid his attention even more.

Because, those kinds of girls were the type I also tried to avoid at all costs. They reminded me of High School drama and all the bullshit that came with it. Some scars from the past just don't heal over so easily. That and, the fact that everyone in my classes was a year younger than me put me off trying to make friends. Usually I'd make an effort but, my instincts were cautioning me against it.

My thoughts floated. Friends.

I wonder if I made friends during my time here last year, and, If I had, what had happened...

There was no way of me knowing, my parents hadn't recovered my phone or computer. Anything that'd help me find out. During my year of recovery I'd tried to put the pieces together but, nothing had come of my efforts. Everything I'd tried seemed to lead to a dead end thus far.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as the teacher came in and called for the class to quiet down. During the introduction I'd tried to focus but, I couldn't shake the feeling of attention coming from a certain guy.

It's as though my premonition was coming into fruition, the small clique of girls caught on and also directed their gossiping my way, it was becoming more of a curse than cute, and fast. In a moments of silence I overheard one of the girls mutter something along the lines of 'why her?'

If I could laugh dryly right now without looking weird I would because I wanted to know the same thing. Why was it always me.

Finally class came to an end, I quickly packed up my things, not wanting to be approached by either the guy with the staring problem or the jealous girls that were simping over him. I rushed through the row, trying not to make eye contact seeing as his head was down but, in that split second I passed, it hadn't gone the way I wanted it to.

He hadn't said a word but he didn't need to. I felt a twist in my chest but I was left in nothing but overwhelming confusion as I walked out of the classroom.

The last glance he'd given, why were those wide doe eyes so filled with sadness...

______________________________________

Memories - Jungkook's piece:

14.May.2014

The waitress brought out the bowl of ramen and placed it in front of me, I thanked her and started to eat some noodles as I let my eyes wonder along with the passing crowd just on the other side of the glass window

The waitress brought out the bowl of ramen and placed it in front of me, I thanked her and started to eat some noodles as I let my eyes wonder along with the passing crowd just on the other side of the glass window. An ocean of umbrellas to shield them from the warm summer night showers.

As I slowly sipped at the broth I gaze out the window. My thoughts keep straying to her, to the way she smiled, her brightness and zest for life. No matter how much time passes... I can't stop thinking about her. Can't stop missing her. I felt my eyes watering again, I don't bother holding them back anymore. Crying wasn't going to help me find the answer, wasn't going to lessen the million regrets I held.

Still, I'm at a loss.

The night before her accident is so vivid.

It was the night Jimin and I had found her secret stash of songs. The ones she'd written for us. For me. That night... If I'd known know..

I swallow the lump forming at the base of my throat, it hurts.

The crowd walking by was thinning out. It must be getting late.

I ignore the light ripple a stray tear makes as it drops from my cheek into my ramen and sip at the last of the broth. The bowl makes a light thud as I put it back down on the wood of the bench, I try to change my thoughts to work tomorrow..

Why won't it stop hurting...

I closed my eyes and breath. She wouldn't want me to be sad... Not one bit. If anything, she'd be so worried, seeing me like this. Or maybe just annoyed... I can imagine that silly look she gets on her face already. Annoyed was the cutest of all her little expressions.

I wipe my cheeks with the back of my sleeves and opened my eyes. I should get back to the dorms, I don't want to worry my Hyungs. They have enough on their plates as it is.

I closed the door to the shop behind me, soft ding of the bells chimed. The same chimes when I'd first dragged her in there with me, who knew those would also be our last moments together.