36. Mr Kim

Thursday, 2nd. April. 2015.

A girl is bound to a wooden chair by ropes in the center of the underground room. Her cries reach and clench at the depths of my soul. She is scared for her life. Yet, they are all standing there. All seven of them.

The girl's horrific sobs pierce my ears.

Jin raises the gun in his hand and presses it to her temple. He cocks back the safety with no hesitation.

In slow motion, the loud crack of the gun firing echoes. A splatter of red hits the concrete floor on the opposite end.

Her body falls forward, limp.

An eerie silence follows, one of death.

I'm finding it harder to breathe.

Desperation overtakes.

My heart pounds dangerously fast in my chest. The cold concrete under my palms, the ache in my heart. No control over my sobbing. It pours out and is choking me.

———————————-

The memory floods back in, drowning me in fear, trepidation.

Jin had shot a girl while the others stood around. I'd been there. I'd seen it with my own two eyes. The bits and pieces fit together perfectly, making up the entire memory. It was vivid, but didn't make any sense.

It left my chest aching and hollow. They shot her. Did they shoot me too?

The caring and kind boys I knew were monsters.

My world shattered around me as I gasped, waking up from my unconscious state. My head felt foggy, but the memory stayed with me.

No matter how badly I wanted to forget it again, I couldn't. Where to begin? What the hell was I supposed to do with this? Was I living a complete and utter lie?

More importantly, where the hell am I? It looks like an expensive high-rise apartment.. in a modern bedroom.. in a very plush bed. That I don't know. Beyond the glass window panels that line a wall lie an overheard view of the city. The sheets touching my skin were satin. Everything about it smells rich.

My mind struggles to remember what happened before I passed out.

I found a gun, then Jin had caught me red handed looking at the gun, which I'm assuming is his.

Then he.. tried to kidnap me? Wait, no? They all tried to kidnap and lock me away in their room.. but I escaped out the window.

Fuck, I can't even believe that the window was unlocked..

Then.. I ran to the police..

My stomach dropped when I recalled walking into the police precinct and asking for detective Kim.

They'd said there wasn't anyone by that name. But then the last thing I remember was getting a call from him..

I snapped my attention back to reality when I heard a knock on the door. It caused my heart rate to rise. I did not know where I was or what had happened between that moment and now, and I was scared. I stared at the tall doors as they cracked open. The ceiling was higher than usual, which only made the place feel more luxurious, like a penthouse.

The guy who carefully entered had black hair. He looked to be around the same age as me. Was this his place? His head tilted ever so slightly as his gaze found me over in the bed. Step by step, he came closer, but I could tell he was being cautious.