29. Stay

Saturday Morning, 28th. March. 2015

I woke up snuggled between the warmth of Jimin and Yoongi. But a numbness blanketed me as my mind strayed to the horrific events of last night.

Had I lost everything?

I'd had a close encounter with those wild and dangerous flames, within inches of the destruction they wreaked and.. Even moments from being trapped in there and burnt alive.

I felt empty. Were it not for the body heat warmly reaching my heart from both sides, I don't know what I would've done. Still, there was only so much it helped. Only so far the warmth from their care that seeped in. At my core still resided an unshakable chill.

The longer I lay there, it became apparent just how caught between them I was. The fold out wasn't huge to begin with. However, Yoongi had an arm thrown over me and had somehow buried his face against my chest so that his light breaths passed through my shirt and tickled my cleavage. Then there was Jimin, who was so tightly pressed behind me that our bodies melded together. His cheek rest over my head and I could feel him breathing too, but on my hair.

His arm was also thrown over me and Yoongi's head as well, encasing the three of us in a tight sandwich. I didn't see how I was going to get out of this without waking them, gosh they were adorable. Whenever I was in trouble, they always seemed to come running to my rescue. Going above and beyond to make sure I'm alright.. And as time went on, it only became more obvious...

The dream of Tae only reinforced my suspicions, maybe even enough to consolidate them. I must've known them before I lost my memory. Tae had said we were best friends.. it felt like they were all my best friends.. maybe that's the kind of relationship we had.

I still didn't understand why they wouldn't just come out and tell me that. Instead, they avoided certain things by being indirect. It confused me to no ends. And when I confronted Tae, he'd said it was to protect me.

Protect me from what?

Those messed up dreams I'd had, the ones that seemed to be triggered by Joon, they were still unexplained. And it nagged at me. If we were all best friends and they wanted to protect me.

Why had I felt so fucked up in the dream?

The rest made sense. But there was still the girl in the crimson dress. It was the one piece that didn't fit. And I didn't know what to make of it.

Anyway.. right now.. I needed to figure out what my next step was. I was homeless right now, right? I didn't have any belongings? I.. where exactly do I go from here?

Yoongi's phone rang. He rubbed his face in my chest before poking his head up and looking at me through sleepy, disoriented eyes. The phone rang again, reminding him of what he was doing, so he groaned and turned over on his back and reached for it to answer.

"Namjoon-ah" Yoongi said huskily as he held the phone to his ear. I could vaguely make out a muffled voice that sounded like Joon.

The commotion must've disturbed Jimin because he rubbed his face on my hair and tightened his arm around my chest in a hug. I reached up and stroked his forearm, then he gave a light moan and I felt him place a soft, sleepy kiss into my hair.

"You already did all of that? It's only-" Yoongi sounded apprehensive as he pulled the phone away to check the screen. "It's only 10am."

There was another brief pause before Yoongi gave a sigh and spoke again. "Alright, I'll let her know. We'll see you soon."

I looked up to Yoongi as he met my gaze, phone limply held in his hand.