22. Edging

Saturday Afternoon, 21st. March. 2015

The three of us made our way down the street. After a short walk we approached a small building complex that was closed off by a high concrete wall. Tae pressed a few buttons on the keypad and the gate opened.

"Surprisingly, we managed to get back on time" Jimin hummed, waltzing down the path that led to the front door first.

"I wonder if Hobi and Yoongi Hyung are finished yet" Tae asked, gently pushing me through the gate before him. I waited for him to close the gate and walked beside him as we caught up with Jimin who was waiting at the door.

Jimin opens it with his free hand and Tae gently nudges me inside. As soon as we shuffled in and took our shoes off we were greeted by a familiar voice.

"Jia, you made it" Jin, who was cooking in the kitchen, which was against the wall, called out to us with a keen smile.

"Hello! Yes, luckily Hoseok remembered to let me know". Jin stifled a laugh while shooting a look back at Joon who was seated at the coffee table centring the small room. Tae walked past and joined Jimin in putting down the bag of snacks he'd been carrying on the table.

"Ahhh. Sorry about that, I meant to tell you. It just slipped my mind." Joon laughed awkwardly before beckoning me over, "You can come and sit here." The cushioned seat by the window looked like a good place so I wasn't in the way while the others started to get busy.

"It's okay, I know" I teased, slipping past the tight space between the boys and over to Joon. I sat on his right side, my back was slightly facing Jin so I had to turn on an angle. Jimin and Tae were now both unpacking the bags they'd set on the table. Their dorms were much smaller than I was expecting. It was fascinating watching as they managed to not bump into each other given the tight squeeze in the kitchen area.

"Where's jungkookie?" Jimin asked, and as he did, a door opened from across the room. Flicking his wet hair back, only a towel wrapped around his hip, Jungkook walked out of the bathroom. My eyes fell to the etched abs and v that followed down. Oh my god...

"Oh, you're back" he smiled, which only added to how sinfully handsome he looked right now. Heat rushed to my cheeks and I ripped my gaze away and stared at the wall, trying not to make it obvious how stunned I was.

"Jungkookie, go put some clothes on. You're freaking Jia out" Tae told him. The glass bottles he was packing in the fridge clinked lightly.

"Yeah, hurry up. Don't just stand there, She's turning red as a tomato" Jin added, turning to scold him, waving the spatula in his hand. I couldn't tell if he was actually scolding him or making fun of me. I mean, I knew Jungkook was attractive before, but...

"Oh, sorry Jia" He apologised before he left. I heard a door close after him. I felt myself relax at the sound.

"You can look now, he's gone" Joon peered at my face with a bemused, dimple smile. I turned back around, returning his smile to let him know I was alright. As soon as Jimin finished with the snacks he came and sat across from me, which was to the left of Joon. Trying to ease the awkwardness from before, I tried to make some small talk.

"So, you guys all live here together? I guess it's normal for you to walk around naked," I ran my hand through my hair, laughing shyly.

"Sure is," Tae said plainly, coming and sitting down beside me on the right, locking me in comfortably between him and Joon.

"Yeah. But, we should probably move into a bigger place soon. It's too cramped here," Jin said dramatically from over by the stove. He wasn't wrong.

"Aw. But there are so many memories here though." Jimin said, resting his chin in his hand as he gazed around thoughtfully. Knowing how the boys were, I'm sure they really did have plenty of crazy and fun times while living here.