35. My everything

Wednesday, 1st. April. 2015

It was just after lunch. The sandwich I'd had did wonders for my growling stomach considering the only thing I'd had this morning was an iced coffee. I'd accidentally slept in and hadn't had enough time to make anything. This was because my mind was racing as soon as I snuggled into bed last night.

So much had transpired over the past month. I'd gone from not having any memories to having so many. Happy memories with people who mean a lot to me. But there was something unsettling amongst the cheerful buzz. Like the carpet could be ripped out from under me at any moment. It was contrasted against a stark and dark reality that possibly only lay a few more layers beneath this seemingly happy and peaceful surface.

But, eventually, I'd fallen asleep. My anxieties washing away into the nothingness. This back and forth I've been internally struggling with was getting to the point where I was getting numb to it.

This morning during my first class, I got a text from Jimin. He'd told me they were having a backyard barbecue tonight to celebrate moving into their new place, and he invited me to come along. Of course I said I would. Nothing beats a good old barbecue and a couple of drinks in the backyard with friends on a nice, warm spring night.

So, when class finally finished up for the day, I rushed home to get ready for the small get together. I took my time getting ready, seeing as I wanted to wear something cute but comfortable.

After doing my hair down straight and putting on a subtle yet full face of makeup, I chose what to wear. Since I didn't have time to shop, my selection was rather lacking, however, I decided on a cute white skirt and baby blue jumper. Matching a delicate and pretty side bag and low heels with it made sense.

Early evening had fallen by the time I wandered over and rang their doorbell. I could hear loud talking and laughing from inside, the music muffled by the walls of their place. It was like they'd already started having fun. After a brief moment, a frazzled-looking Jin greeted me.

"What's the password?" He asked, obviously knowing I did not know what he was talking about and on the verge of breaking into laughter about it.

"Jin's the most handsome man in the entire world," I quickly replied, my mind doing wonders for me under pressure. He broke into that laugh that threatened to leave him, and I joined in.

"God, you really know all the right things to say, don't you?" Jin mused, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me into their place with him. My body relaxed under his touch.

"Merely speaking facts," I hummed, giving him a wink. Everyone else was in the kitchen when we walked in. The back doors were slid wide open, so the space looked much bigger. The music played faintly and the warm night air filled the open dining area, which now included the backyard.

Tae, Jimin and Joon were all chatting, having a drink while lounged outside on couches that were around a lit and crackling fire pit. Yoongi was busy in the kitchen with Jungkook, who was taking cooking instructions from him. And Hobi was standing at the island counter, beer in hand. But, as Jin and I entered, he was the first to notice us and broke into a huge smile.

"Hey cutie, glad to see you made it" He slid up and pulled me into a quick one-armed embrace before stepping back and taking a sip of his beer.

"Glad to be here, thanks for inviting me," I hummed happily in reply. Jin let me go and lent against the counter as the three of us settled in to talk.

Yoongi turned from where he was frying something on a pan at the stove to join our convo. "It's not like you had a choice. Jin Hyung would've dragged you over if you'd said no," Yoongi said, cracking a laugh.