44. Cityscape

Saturday, 18th. April. 2015

Last night's drinking escapades had left me feeling dizzy and thirsty this morning. I'd just woken up and was dreading having to go to the bathroom for some water. So when Koh knocked and shuffled his way into my room with arms full of hangover remedy and bottles of water, I was so grateful I could've kissed him.

"You're a mess. Was last night really that bad? Haru mentioned you helped with some clients but.." Koh came over and dumped all the water and bottles and cans onto my bed. I shuffled up into a sitting position and grabbed one of the water bottles straight away.

"Thankyou. Seriously, I needed this," I sighed before taking a big swig of water. It was like heaven. "I don't drink often. It's probably just because of that. But I'm fine,"

Flashes of Tae and Jimin surfaced, but they were still fuzzy.

"If you say so. Just be careful and don't overdo it" Koh cautioned, but there was a certain conviction lacking. As though he doubted saying this to me would make any kind of difference.

"I'll try" with a small smile I tried to sway him, attempting to get him to not worry. The more I learned about Koh, the more I realized what a sweetheart he was. It made me want to try not to worry him.

He left it at that and ventured back out, leaving me to rest a bit more. So, I drank a small can of Ajusshi juice and finished my bottle of water, then passed back out.

______________________

The second time I woke, it was around 3pm and I felt marginally better. But the remnants of my hangover remained. So, I got out of bed, wanting to go for a run to sweat it out.

I got changed into a black hoodie and leggings that were in the wardrobe. Then, slipped on the pair of running shoes that had been there too. Koh really thought of everything when shopping.

I took the spare keycard from the lobby and wandered down and outside. At the end of the street, there was a sign pointing out that the river was only a few meters further down.

So, knowing the river was long and had plenty of running tracks made it an ideal location. I set off and was there in no time.

The Han river ran right through the city. It provided a place for people to run, find some peace of mind, have a picnic, or spend a day out in the sunshine with friends. The waters were calm and soothing to look at as I took a moment to do some stretches. And as I set off at a steady pace, it seemed to stretch on as far as the eye could see.

I was at a disadvantage seeing as I already felt hungover, so working up a sweat was fairly easy. A bridge underpass was coming up. Beside it, I could see a few concrete blocks, which seemed like a pleasant place to take a breather.

As I approached, I noticed someone sitting on one of the blocks. He was looking out at the river as though mesmerized or lost in an ocean of thoughts. With every step came clarity.

It was someone I knew.

It was Namjoon.

The sight of him sitting there, so still, swayed a strange calm over me. Before I knew it, my feet had carried me to him. There I stood beside him.

"Hey," the words left me, pulling him from his thoughts to look at me.

"Hey," He blinks, but the calmness of his response remains and a small silence follows before he turns away from me and looks back at the view of the water and the cityscape surrounding.

"What are you looking for out there?" I asked, curiously. I turned toward where his unfocused but steady gaze appeared to be. There was another moment of silence before he spoke.