43. Favour

Friday, 17th. April. 2015

Sometimes life goes fast, sometimes it goes slow. My week and exams had passed, this weekend was the beginning of semester break.
Hoseok had only messaged me once since I last saw him, and that was to wish me luck for exams. I replied with a Thankyou. Of all things, I didn't expect him to message me about that. It was sweet of him.. And it made me think maybe he hadn't told the others of our encounter.

Mostly, not much had happened. I'd put the notebook on hold so I could focus on school and my new job. Mr Kim made good on his word and got me a job at his club, carousel.

It seemed strange. The last note from Hoseok that I'd read, he'd told me I'd worked as a hostess in the past. For the few shifts I'd done, seeing the girls looking so dolled up and pretty, there was something majestic and enticing about them.

At first, I thought I might feel out of place in such an extravagant club, but I didn't. It was almost like I was meant to be there. It all felt incredibly natural. Like I'd done it before.

I'd had dreams, ones that were like the ones I'd had of Tae. Dreams of being surrounded by bottles of champagne and girls that were dressed to nines. In one of them, I could've sworn I'd made out one man accompanying me as Jin.

It only made me more curious about the other people who were there with me. But, it was still too hard to make out their faces. It was still blurry.

Either way, I felt like I was on the right track. Slowly but surely, memories were returning to me. That's what matters.

After getting ready, I went down to the car that was waiting to take me to the club. I had a shift at the bar tonight and it was going to be a busy one, seeing as it was the beginning of the weekend.

When I got there, Haru greeted me on my way to the back room to put my bag away. It must've been the only room in the entire place that wasn't lush red and black and dripping with burlesque themed décor. All the staff except for the hostesses kept their belongings in the back room. The girls had a beautiful dressing room of their own which was reserved for only them and staff that needed to be there, like makeup and hair stylists or Haru, seeing as he was the manager.

I'd been lucky enough to get a glimpse of their space during my orientation, but apart from that, I hadn't been back there. Working at the bar had been smooth, though, part of me was drawn to the glamor of the girls. Part of me wanted to be one of them. But, for now I was also enjoying making and preparing drinks, so I wasn't about to complain.

I went back out to the bar and helped Yvonne prepare for the opening. The girl who held 2nd place in ranking, Lilly and 3rd, Sephora, sat down and chatted with us while they had a drink. Lilly was a short, sweet blonde girl and Sephora, a fiery, yet elegant, dark brunette. They were two of the few girls I'd met so far, but, seeing as it was still my first week, I was sure I'd meet some others, eventually.

The club filled out quickly, just as predicted. The night was vibrant and busy and in full swing. Yvonne and I had been preparing drinks nonstop, and I'd noticed Haru rushing around all over the lounge, appearing quite flustered.

I thought he was about to pass the bar and head down the hallway which led to the dressing rooms but he stopped right at the bar and beckoned me over so I put the bottle I had in hand back on the shelf and went to see him.

"Jia, I need you to do me a favour" Haru's usual calm and collected manners were looking a bit frazzled as he spoke to me.

"Hm? What's that?" I questioned, worried about what he may ask of me.