14. Pressed Blossoms

Sunday, 15th. March. 2015

Jin: Morning~
Are you going to be home today?

Jia: Yeah, I don't have any plans
Was just going to relax

Jin: Perfect, I'll be there soon

Jia: Wait wha?

Jin: Oh, I have a surprise for you. Three surprised actually
Jin: Gotta go, driving now😎

I'd barely opened my eyes when I was hit with a barrage of messages from Jin saying that he was coming over. Convinced I was still in  a dream until I sat up and looked around at my very real apartment. Shit. I probably look like a complete mess right now.

At my dismay, I hurried out of bed, grabbed a long, straight, plain black singlet dress off the top pile of my clean washing. I took the quickest shower I'd ever had in my life. Luckily I'd washed my hair the night before and clipped it loosely aside.

Just as I'd finished, a knock on my door came so I rushed to answer it.

"Surprise, your besties are my besties too!" Jin laughed airily before pulling my stunned, dumbfounded ass into a one-armed hug. After he walked past me, I was confronted with an awkwardly standing Joon and an excitedly flushed Jimin.

"Hey Jia~" Jimin gave a cute smile, patting my head and following in after Jin. Joon on the other hand, gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Sorry to spring this on you, once we found out you knew Jin Hyung he wanted us to come and have lunch together" He explained, taking my hand to lead me inside, closing the door behind him.

"Oh, that sounds great. Wish you'd just told me that in your messages?" I tried to get past the shock of the ambush, despite it being with seemingly innocent intentions they still could've told me.

"Where's the fun in that?" Jin's smile widened teasingly as he placed a bag full of cooking ingredients down on my kitchen counter.

"Cute place" Jimin commented as he glanced around from the high stool he'd sat on at the counter. He was much more enthralled by my apartment and wasn't paying attention to Jin.

"Thanks, Jimin," I replied, deciding to put my selective hearing to good use. Joon lingered by the counter with me, watching Jin take out a packet of meat and selection of vegetables.

"Oh come on, you're not gonna hold it against me are you?" Jin pouted, noticing the way I puffed out my cheeks when I was annoyed.

"Nooo, I'm just-" I sighed, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "Nevermind. So, um... what're you planning to cook?" The annoyance I felt left me and was replaced with my love of food.

"Well that didn't last long" Joon laughed,

"Right. Guess food overpowers being annoyed" Jimin sighed, chuckle settling into a fond smile.

Yes... I'm not going to deny it. Nothing beats a tasty breakfast..." I admit.

"Good. Well, you three keep yourselves busy while I prepare everything." Joon and Jimin gracefully moved along at their dismissal from any cooking duties. But, I couldn't just leave Jin to do it all by himself, especially with this being my place and all. That would be way too rude.

"Do you want any help?" I asked, still lingering by the counter.

"Can you cut veggies?" Jin asked in return, teetering on sarcasm.

"Yeah, of course, everyone can, right?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Not everyone," Jin side-glanced in Joon's direction, Jimin caught it and burst into laughter.