55. Spinning

28th, Tuesday Afternoon. April. 2015

With unmatched confidence, I took my first step into the lounge of Seventh Heaven, following behind Hoseok who greeted me and the cast from Carousel once we'd arrived in the lobby. The dim, bisexual lighting illuminated the lounge, shrouding the idols or other guests that were here in a veil of mystery. Mellow and smooth, the low bass resonated in my chest. Some heads turned, and some stepped out of the walkway as we went further into the club towards the front. But as I passed, most cliques of idols scattered across the lounge were low key settled, much too caught up in the popping of bottles to even notice us over the buzz in the air.

No one here tonight was your average person. You could just feel it, the atmosphere of being surrounded by the elite. But everyone here had their secrets, a freakiness. One that could only exist and be entertained at a club like this one. Hidden away, confined to behind these walls, that's where it all came loose. 

As we approached the side of the stage, Namjoon stood there. His gaze drifted to me almost expectantly, eyes widening for a moment before Hoseok snapped him out of it.

The two exchanged a few words before Namjoon sent a few of the girls off to join and entertain at guests' tables. I admired the well-fitted red suit jacket and slacks he wore and how sexy they looked against the black turtleneck, as well as the glimmer of his rings as he pointed out several tables.

Wynnie was the last as Hoseok escorted her to the nearest table to us and introduced her to the two guys seated there. They were handsome, but of course they were. Weren't all idols immaculately put together? Wyniee smiled cutely as she wiggled in between them and took a drink that one of them had hurried to pour her. Good for her, I hope she has a good time with them. But I was still standing beside Namjoon, neither of us saying a word until Hoseok was content that he could leave Wynnie there. Once he was, he came back over to us.

"So, which table will kingpin Namjoon assign me to, hm?" I gave him a little cheek as I asked.    

"Isn't it obvious? Ours, of course." He volleyed back. Without another word, Namjoon set off and with a cheeky smile, Hoseok pulled me along with them. We approached a table that had a stack of bottles on it at the front by the stage. There were two girls I didn't recognize. I didn't even need to ask because as soon as we reached the table, Hoseok introduced me. "Jia, this is Cece and Lilo," He gestured to the one sitting beside Yoongi first, and then to Lilo, the one beside Jimin on the end of the couch.

Lilo had long, blonde hair and blue eyes. She wore a black, sparkly two piece brassier and mini skirt. Cece had long, straight black hair and a mysterious allure to her. Plump burgundy lip and sharp almond eyes, dark pupils. She wore a black satin mini dress where the strap fell off her shoulder. A cigarette was idly set between her fingers. A thin trail of smoke slowly tangled up and disappeared into a light haze in the air. Cece's eyes set on me, widening as though seeing a ghost. Suddenly she slips her cigarette into the tray on the table and hesitantly stands.

"Jia, is that you? It can't be.." she murmurs with a slight haze of urgency. She loops her arm around mine and drags me towards the bathrooms. No one stops us as she leads me off and it isn't until we're behind the door of the woman's restroom that she stops. I feel my headache as we stand before each other, her eyes blown out as she just looks at me.

The seconds pass as I roam the pretty, almost doll-like features of her face and it comes to me. Doing lines of coke with her in toilet stalls, the hostess club I used to work at. Her handing me shots in the dressing room, us laughing and drinking together. Images flash through my mind. It seems like forever, but in actuality, only a quick moment had passed before she snapped me back out of it as she broke out.