24. The Sandwich Incident

My friend helped me with inspo for this chapter! Check out her stories if you'd like :) SHE IS GENIUS <3 

Monday 23rd, March. 2015.

Upon waking I found myself tucked under the blanket, but Tae and Jimin were nowhere to be seen. On top of my closed laptop lay a handwritten note.

As I picked it up, I saw their names signed cutely at the bottom. The note said that they had to leave early and didn't want to wake me up because I looked so peaceful.

I felt a small blush creep up as I imagined them looking at me while I was sleeping, but, as that thought wandered to the night before, it deepened. Tae had been so close to me. He'd said something, but I couldn't remember what it was..

I got up and went to prepare for class. Slipping on a dainty mid-thigh length pink dress and a woollen cardigan. Some bracelets too. As I did, I stared at the one I always wore. It was a thin sliver and had a heart dangling from the latch.

I couldn't remember exactly where I'd gotten it but I just knew that I never took it off.. on the back were the initials P.J engraved on it..

박 지아, Park Jia.

Had always been how I'd written my initials. I usually shorten it. But, technically, P.J.A was also correct.

Park Ji-ah. That was, if you wanted to count The J from 'Ji' and the A for 'Ah'. But no one ever pronounced my name in its extended form.

Still unable to recall where I got the bracelet, I let it go and finished preparing to leave for class. Also, upon checking my emails, I saw I had an induction at Y.G later this afternoon. Once I was ready, I left my apartment and walked over to the campus. The day was sunny, perfect weather for the start of a brand-new week.

But, as I got closer to class, I realized. This would be the first time I'd have to face those girls again since the incident on the balcony. And, with each step, anxiety grew.

When I approached the door to the lecture room, I saw Jungkook waiting by the lockers, glancing up and down the hall every now and again. Soon enough, he noticed me, and as he walked up, he seemed happy to see me.

"Hey, sorry. I was planning to come and get you this morning but," He hesitated for a second, his expression hardening. I was confused.

"Oh? Did something happen?" I asked, glancing behind him towards the door. Knowing just inside that classroom was...

"Well, our company issued a restraining order against those girls that hassled you. It was set into motion over the weekend, so you won't be seeing them anymore. They've been taken care of," Jungkook explained. By now, he'd gently wrapped his hand around my forearms and led me into the room.

"What? Seriously?" I felt myself instantly relax at the good news.

"Yeah. Your safety is important to me. Of course I'm going to take it seriously" His demeanour matched his words as he led me up the aisle. It felt a little strange but, as I searched the room, I couldn't see them anywhere, which only added to my relief.

Jungkook let me slip into our usual row of seats first. I closely side-stepped past him, near missing his built chest that puffed out as I did. He followed behind, pulling up the chair right beside me.

As I took my stationery out of my bag, my mind wandered. The last time Jungkook and I had been alone was on the rooftop of that abandoned building...

As the lecture began, I took notes, but the thought of us sitting together and eating his homemade Onigiri floated into my head. It was such a sweet moment.