𝟐𝟎. the treehouse

WHITE FLAG

chapter twenty : the treehouse
{ season two - episode six }

chapter twenty : the treehouse{ season two - episode six }

THE WHOLE WAY back from the pharmacy Kloe stayed quiet. When she opened up the list, she was expecting some vitamins or something good to help Lori with her pregnancy. Not pills that kill it. She almost died for pills that would kill her unborn baby. She was angry at her and herself.

"I think it's best if I give these to Lori," Glenn said, carrying all of the items they had brought back from the pharmacy. She wasn't as shaken up as before, so she nodded her head, handing the abortion pills over to Glenn. "What are you gonna do?"

"Uh, I'll just walk around," she lied through her teeth.

Glenn acknowledged, "Okay. Well, I guess I'll see you later? I'm guessing you want to be alone."

"Yeah, see you soon," she waved before turning away from him. Her eyes glued to the tent where her bow was set, so she hastily walked over to it.

All Kloe wanted to do was be away from everyone. After what happened at the pharmacy and the two secrets that were sitting on her was mentally exhausting. She pulled up the zip to the tent and stepped inside.

She peeked outside the tent window to see if anyone was nearby, and luckily, there wasn't. She seized onto her bow and quiver before exiting the tent. Her head darted left to right, making sure no one was nearby.

When she knew she was in the clear, she swiftly started sprinting to the edge of the field. The field on that farm was huge, so once she reached the beginning of the woods, her legs were already tired. But she didn't give up.

Once the youngest Schmidt entered the woods, several chills rose up in her spine. She shrugged it away and began jogging into the direction Daryl had gone.

She had been walking for thirty minutes, and she found nothing. By then, she was sure everyone in the group noticed she was gone. It felt like she had gone in circles, but she knew she hadn't.

She had around an hour before the sun would set, so she had more time. She spotted a walker in the distance and held up her bow, pulling back the string. She released it and the arrow went through its skull. She lowered her bow and trod over to the now dead walker.

She placed her foot on its head and pulled out the arrow. She grimaced at the blood and shook it off the arrow before placing it in her quiver. She exhaled heavily, tired from the amount of walking she had done.

She began thinking of everything while she rested for a short while. Kloe's mind settles on Glenn. She may not have thought it, but every time she was near him, a different feeling sat in her chest. A feeling that she had never ever felt before. The few days before then, she had the exact same thoughts traveling through her mind.