━0. freed

📍WAKANDA, EAST AFRICA

THE FLAMES OF THEIR FIRE SHINED brightly in the dim light, while the crackling sound was heard. In front of it was Bucky, who had emerged from the ice.

Ayo, whose skin was glowing with the reflection of the fire, had tears glistening in his eyes as they walked in the dark.

As she looked over at Bucky, she held onto the staff with her hand.

A fire engulfed them, and she stood alongside him as he sat.

"Are you sure about this?" Bucky said, looking into the fire.

"I won't let you hurt anyone," She said looking at him. Walking around him and sat down before she turned and walked away.

"Longing," She started, Bucky stared into the flames unsure of what was to come along with shaking his head. "rusted, seventeen,"

"It's not going to work," Bucky continued on the verge of tears, looking into the fire.

"Daybreak," she replied, not addressing him. "Furnace, nine,"

Flashbacks flashed through his mind as he remembered everything that had happened when he was the winter soldier, all the people he had killed, all the people he had fought.

He first noticed Y/n spying on him for the first time when he observed him for the first time.

After that point, the attention quickly shifted to him and him nearly killing her on the roof.

As he gazed into the flames, tears glistened in his eyes.

"Benign, homecoming," Bucky stared into the fire in an attempt to fight his way out, "Freight car."

There was no action taken.

Bucky gazed at the fire, as tears rolled down his cheeks while nodding his head in acknowledgement.

In a low tone, Ayo said, "You are freed", as she glanced at him with a small smile on her face.

As Bucky glanced up at her, tears were streaming down his cheeks and beaming from his eyes, "You are freed" She repeated.

He stared at the ground in sorrow and cried, putting his fist to his mouth.

She smiled at him as she buried her face in the ground. He smiled into his hand, and Ayo nodded her head in acknowledgement.

Within one week, three children with painted faces stared at something with deep apprehension.

As they ran away, there was a loud bang in the distance, which led them to realize that they had been smashed into a hut.

The children ran to a beautiful woman in the distance who had long braids down to her back, which was connected by a large braid around her back.

Laughing and holding on to her, the children ran over to her.

"Are you playing with that man again?" She asked, holding onto one of them.

All of them shook their heads, "No!" they shouted in unison, causing her to let out a small laugh.

"You're teasing him again?"

In the distance, Bucky appeared to be walking through the door as the kids continued to deny anything she asked.

He walked out of the hut while its sun glowed off the beautiful Wakandan lakeside.

His arm was still missing, but it was covered by a dark blue scarf. He takes it all in with a deep breath.

Three giggling children are seen outside the hut being embraced by Wakandan Shaman and Shuri.

Two Dora miles are seen observing Shuri from close quarters.

"White Wolf!" the children shouted as they ran past him.

Bucky settles in beside Shuri and enjoys the view of the lake.

"Good morning, Sgt. Banes" She spoke, with an accent looking over at Bucky.

"Bucky," he corrected her, looking back at the lake surrounded by plants and trees, blowing in the wind.

Taking a glance at him as he stared at the lake, she asked, "How are you doing?".

"Good, thank you." He said looking at her.

In response, she patted his shoulder before walking away, and smiled, "Come." She continued, "Much more for you to learn," He then turned to her before following her beyond the hut.