1. staying low in hometown

AFTER ALMOST A YEAR, it was about time to move on to the next year; Y/n had spent several months trying to find a hotel room, hopping from motel to motel under another name. 

It rained the previous day, while Y/n sat in the car looking out of the window. 

In the dim light of the grey skies, she looked at the trees blowing in the wind while the rain softly fell to the ground. 

The sound of raindrops hitting the top of the car was heard closely while Y/n leaned forward turning the engine off. 

Most of her time was spent in Ohio, as she did not wish to leave the small town she was staying in. Since it was safer to remain on the sidelines rather than seek out Valentina or anyone in her vicinity. 

Closing her eyes, she laid her head back on the seat and listened to the rain as she rested her head on the table. 

Her eyes resolved on the pistol on the other side of the compartment. In addition to taking out the picture that was adjacent to it, Y/N unfolded the yellowing paper and looked at the picture of Bucky in his soldier uniform. 

Looking down at it, she smiled a little, she couldn't forget him after trying to stop him and kill him for half of her life. There was no way she could get rid of him from her memory, he was always a constant in her thoughts. 

Since he did not call her back, she knew he was still in cryo and it would be some time before he emerged. 

In a stance of forwarding bending, Y/n placed the gun in her pocket while placing it in her hand. 

Prior to getting out of the vehicle, she grabbed her keys, and the sound of the door slamming could be heard. 

It seemed like there were only five cars in the parking lot in the grocery store in the distance as Y/n turned away from the door, after closing it and locking the doors.  

During the time she spent hiding out, she rented a black small car she could drive. As Y/n began to walk, he noticed that there was a big, tan market with the name plastered on it. 

Putting her hands in her pocket, she wore a red lace-trimmed bustier top, black flared jeans, and around her neck sat a necklace with silver sparkles that matched the silver bracelet around her wrist. 

She wore black ankle boot platform boots made of leather and an oversized black bomber jacket on her body. 

Once she had entered the range, the doors to the store slid open as Y/N walked closer to the store. 

As she entered the store, she glanced around at its contents while looking around. 

As she looked up, she noticed two camera eyes in the corners, and the emergency exit was just to the right, and she did this in case there were any untoward events taking place within the store. 

The place was nicely light in a warm tone of yellow, while the shelves were stocked with food, colours popping out like crazy. 

Y/n walked to the side before grabbing a cart and sliding it out of the rack, while she leaned forward and started to push it. 

It appears that she advanced into most of the aisles that contained cereal, picking up each box and considering whether to purchase it. 

Her attention was initially directed at the captain's toast crunch before she shrugged and put it into her cart, pushing it forward.

As she pushed the cart on the tan-titled floors, the music over the speakers accompanied the sounds of people talking. She could hear the cart slowly scraping against the floor as she walked.