3. in the moonlight

ON THE FOLLOWING DAY, Bucky and Y/n were going to get a beer later that evening. All she wanted was to become more acquainted with him than anyone she had met before. Almost everything about him fascinated her. 

However, at the same time, she was slowly falling for him, which she did not realize was that she was falling in love with him. 

Y/n was getting ready in the hut, as dusk slowly fell on Wakanda. She spent most of the day, just sitting around and getting herself ready for later. Most of that time she was in the hut. Y/n was wearing an oversized black zip-up hoodie, which you could see the strap of her red bralette, along with black baggy sweatpants, and red sneakers. 

Her dressing up was unnecessary because they had no other choice than to stand in front of the hut on account of the lack of restaurants or other facilities in Wakanda. Y/n studied the surroundings to ensure that everything was as it should be upon arrival, so she knew how to get into Wakanda.  

As far as she could tell, it was as peaceful as she thought it would be, she didn't have to worry about missions as she did in the U.S. 

There was a knock on the wall causing Y/n to turn away from her hands as she sat in the bed. She got up walked over to the curtain and pulled it open revealing Bucky standing there, the sun went down more while it was basically dusk with the fire in the distance glistening in the area. "Hey, " Bucky said looking at her while wearing a white shirt, and black pants, Y/n smiled a little. 

"Hi," 

"I got the beers if you wanted to start-" 

"Yes please," Y/n said nodding her head with a grin on her face. Bucky let out a small laugh before the two walked out, they walked over to the fire before sitting around it. Y/n took a seat on the bench while grabbing a beer from the case. 

The two sat silently while Y/n sipped from the beer and wrapped her arms around her legs as the wind blew through her hair. "What did you spend time doing?" Bucky asked, causing Y/n to look away from the fire, and over at him before taking a sip from her beer. In addition to holding a beer in his hand, he sat on the log next to her. "After these almost two years?" 

"Finishing a mission," Y/n murmured, turning back to the fire. "The Red Room-" 

Upon seeing Bucky's face, she became aware that he was listening to her. "The Red What?" He said, confusingly. 

Despite her reservations, she trusted him. She trusted him with the information pertaining to what occurred in the Red Room. 

Y/n explained, putting the bottle to her lip and taking a sip, the feeling of a dull taste flowing through her throat for a brief moment while she sighed. "The Black Widow Program, which was a Soviet-Russian training program that involved transforming young women into elite spies and assassins known as Black Widows." She explained, "Dreykov is the one who turned me into the bloodthirsty, nightshade-" 

"Bloodthirsty is one way to put it-..." Bucky sarcastically said, taking a sip from his beer bottle. 

Y/n snickered, "You know, you're not the nicest person to talk to...". 

"Neither are you, Almost slit my throat once more twice-" Bucky said, taking a sip from his beer as he nodded. "But your easy to talk to, you've been through, it...the mind control, haven't you?" Bucky continued to ask looking at Y/n, she slowly nodded her head. "and the Red Room put you through that-" 

"It is proposed that the girls are forced to watch video projections of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, however, the videos contain subliminal messages such as "Instill," "Fear," and "Pain," which are slowly brainwashing them," Y/n explained. "Along with telling us we were ballerina's, but they were just training us to fight better-...I fell for it-"