4. blast from the past

📍BUDAPEST, HUNGARY

          BUDAPEST GLEAMED WITH A LARGELY clear sky, with not so tall buildings closely spaced, in contrast to New York where there were tall buildings. There were many tans, burnt orange, or light green and blue coloured buildings. 

Landscaped with water surrounding most of the buildings and leading to a long lake, the area was breathtaking. 

The city of Budapest is lovely and a perfect fit for anyone regardless of taste and expectations. Furthermore, there are significant differences in the layout of the two cities; Budapest looked characterized by bridges, the Danube, lakes, and is viewed as more natural in general

In the train station, the ceiling was high, almost like the interior of a chapel. Light shone from outside the large side doors and over the high ceilings. Blue, silver and orange trains were parked in the station while another slowly approached the station. 

As two trains emptied out, many of the people in the stations walked around. 

Y/n was aboard a train that was slowly approaching the station. They started to walk toward the exit. Inside the train, there were shelves and a yellow interior. Various people got up to exit the train. 

Even though Y/n was, wearing the same thing from late last night, not getting a chance to change but she dried off, a white bandage could be seen on her hand, she was wearing a maroon hat on top of her hair which was down, that she had taken from Sam and was wearing the sunglasses

Holding onto her backpack, Y/n stepped out of the train and walked with the group of people heading out of the station. In all likelihood, Yelena would have wanted her to come and see her, should the teddy bear and picture have been included in the capsules. 

A bright sun glistening in her eyes caused her to narrow her eyes as she stepped out of the station. She continued to look around before noticing a trolley station. Inhaling the scent of flowers and fresh air, she walked over and took a look around. 

It looked almost as if she was in a fairy tale. Having always desired to have a mission in Budapest, now she had received her most longed-for assignment. 

She walked into the yellow trolley and handed the driver the money she had taken from her pocket while waiting for a couple of minutes. In order to prevent anyone from looking in her direction, she pulled the book bag close to her so that no one could see her face. 

As the trolley started moving, Y/n looked out of the window and observed the neighbourhood as it passed. Knowing that Yelena had to be staying in a hotel near the address in the records, she knew she had to stop near that address. Her attention was focused on the old and modern buildings that she saw as she walked through the city. 

It is likely that she hasn't entered the red room in over three years; so she decided to block out people talking and think of where it could be. However, she tried to recall where it was located. In her mind, she was hearing the sound of the bell ringing, as they turned into the street. 

Within almost an hour, the trolley stopped in front of a hotel, Y/n got out and slung the backpack over his shoulders before beginning to walk towards the hotel. 

As she walked towards the building, she turned her attention to the building. It seemed to be a nice building when it was blazing hot outside, with the sun beaming directly into it. In walk-forward, Y/n opened the glass gated door, causing a bell to ring. 

On the side, she briefly glanced at the mailboxes as the smell of a rusted building entered her nostrils as she stepped inside slowly and closed the door behind her.