━0. returning to the country

📍OHIO, HAMILTON COUNTY

           THERE WERE CHILDREN PLAYING DURING THE DAY, and the sky was clear, with no trace of evil anywhere in sight. 

Y/n's ears were filled with the sounds of children yelling and having fun while holding onto Natasha while wearing a motorbike helmet. 

Several houses in the neighbourhood were lined up as she gazed at each other and watched kids play in front of the house. In the beginning, they portrayed superheroes, most notably those from the Avengers. 

"That's supposed to be you?" Y/n asked, looking over to the side, causing Natasha to laugh to herself. Y/n could see that she was smiling under the helmet. 

Y/n had changed into a coloured shirt with an oversized maroon collar, worn with black jeans, and her backpack. 

After a few minutes of pretending to fight, Natasha pulled the motorbike to a halt. 

After Y/n got off of it, she removed her helmet and shook her hair so that she did not have helmet hair. Natasha got off of the motorbike parking it and took the helmet off. 

Before walking a little forward, Y/n glanced into the distance. It was the family home, the house where they were raised. 

They were back in Ohio, just to see the house. It was the same, a small family house; the less the neighbours knew what was happening, the better. 

There was no way for them to know about how fake everything was - it was always real to Y/n regardless of the circumstances.  

Natasha joined her at the same time as she was retrieving an item from her pocket.

 "I had Rick get me one more thing before we came" Natasha explained, glancing over at Y/n before handing her the paper. "If you need a jet again you know where to go,"

Y/n let out a small laugh before unfolding the paper and examining the number on the side. Natasha felt her eyebrows furrow as she looked up at her. "What's this?" 

"Phone Number," Natasha said turning back to the house, "Rick found Bucky's phone number, he tracked to Wakanda to see that it was the right one," 

"How could he track it, isn't it a trac-..." 

"He can do anything the police cannot," Natasha explained. "Plus, I got us all track phones, I gave some to Wanda, Vision, Sam, and Steve in case anything went wrong, and I got Bucky one for you..." She added, before reaching for a phone in her pocket. 

Y/n nodded her head, "Thank you, but..." she muttered, "It could be years before he appears," 

"So?" Natasha said while starting to walk over to the motorbike again. 

Y/n glanced at Natasha as a little girl ran up and gawked at her. Natasha smiled, while the little girl put her fist up at Natasha. 

The woman did the same, putting her fist up at her as if she was wearing widow gauntlets.

She furrowed her eyebrows since Yelena and she was making this point, but she no longer cared about appearing to be the hero. 

She was only concerned with helping as many widows as she could, along with anyone else along the way. 

After a heavy sigh, Y/n turned her gaze to the phone, flipped it open, and began pressing the numbers down one by one. 

Her heart started to beat rapidly while her hand slowly began to shake. Every two seconds, she placed the phone to her ear, and it began to run. 

As the rings continued, they continued and went on. 

In her glance away from the house, she glanced over at Natasha, who was chatting with the little girl. She cleared the lump in her throat as the ringing stopped. Just to be continued by a beep, during which she sighed in relief. 

"Erm, Hi, Jam-Bucky..." Y/n began placing her hand on her forehead in an attempt to come up with something to say. 

"I was wondering when we could have our dance...along with a dinner and that beer...I-I still want to get to know you...a lot, this is going on forever..." She continued rubbing her forehead before putting her arm to her side and talking into the flip phone. "I just wanted to say, hey...okay, erm bye...-" She quickly hung up before closing the phone. 

She looked at Natasha in the distance. Natasha smiled back at her, and she reciprocated the gesture. 

This was the moment for her to turn a new leaf in her life, one she wished to do for the rest of her days. 

She felt lighter after everything had been lifted from her shoulders, and she was eager to experiment and be herself.

Y/n walked over joining Natasha, while the two looked at each other. 

"Stay close, remember...Don't go near somewhere you know we can't reach you for a while..." Y/n nodded her head, looking at Natasha. 

"I might stay around here..." Y/n said with a head nod looking around, "It's comfortable," Natasha nodded agreeing. 

Natasha wrapped her arms around Y/n before they placed their heads on each other's shoulders. The two held onto each other in a hug, "Будьте осторожны.-" said Y/n. 
(Be Safe)

"You too," Natasha said pulling away while the two let go of each other finally. 

Y/n started to walk away with her hands in her pockets taking in the free air and started to make her way to the close motel she was going to be staying at. 

The woman pulled out a photograph from her pocket while walking, then gazed at Bucky's picture with a small smile. 

A/n: I'm back, writing and publishing this daily. 
I hope you are liking this fanfiction so far...I promise
romance is coming up.