━0. the long wait

RUNNING FROM THE LAW WASN'T THE EASIER THING TO DO. After spending a great deal of time running and staying in and out of motels, Steve, Y/N, and Sam had become close friends. 

Without a phone or any missions, the three got to know each other better, though Y/n continued to withhold information, instead of telling them about her made-up past, the one she rebranded herself with. 

All of the prisoners were successfully released from prison when Steve and Y/n arrived, but Clint and Scout were placed under house arrest due to their children. Wanda just disappeared, and Vision wasn't heard from either afterwards. 

Y/n hasn't forgotten Bucky's name or face since he was placed in cryo, she realized they would not leave until she next saw him. Thinking of the possibility that they might not be able to meet for their date if he was in for a longer period than normal hurt her stomach. 

The current situation was that Y/N was sitting on the couch of the motel, Steve was shaving in the bathroom, and Sam was reading a newspaper to find something to do. "Crosswords are boring" Sam complained closing the newspaper and throwing them aside. 

Walking into the room, Steve said, "They used to be fun.". 

Y/n glanced away from the television screen, not paying attention to the movie showing on the screen. "That's 'cause you're an old man-" She joked, Sam nodded while Steve shook his head sitting on his bed. "And you have to be really bored to start playing a crossword-" 

Sitting up from the bed, Sam replied, "I am.". 

In the bathroom, Y/n walked into the room, sighed, and grabbed both of her hands on the sink as she placed them on the counter.No matter what Natasha did, she never tried to contact any of them, for Y/N knew she was also running away. 

Her eyes scanned the mirror before turning on the water and washing her face. "Y/n! Something came for you!" Steve exclaimed to her. She sighed before exiting the bathroom and finding both of the men armed with guns. 

Y/n asked, Sam, put the gun back into the drawer, and asked, "What have I missed?". 

"Nothing, just the mail", Steve explained. She turned, grabbing the letters she had received. She moved the letter when she discovered a letter from Valentina, one which was from Wanda. Her gaze was fixed on the two individuals who were talking before she grabbed the note and placed it inside her pocket. 

"Bathroom again," she said before turning and walking into the bathroom. She took out a letter, opened it, and began reading it. 

I know you are on the run,
I leave you for a couple of days to go on vacation and now
you are a wanted criminal.  

Your lucky, you're one of my favorite assassins.
I have chosen not to fire you on the account
you will be back in about a year. 

On another note, we have finally found your sister.

A look at the recent picture of Yelena revealed that she had grown up since the last time Y/n had seen her, but her hair remained blonde. Y/n began to unfold the document and unfolded the file in front of him. However, everything else was more mature considering she was in her late 20's. Taking a quick glance at her name, she scanned the document. 

After years, she finally found her...

Yelena Belova