10. leaving it in the past

WITH THE HELP FROM YELENA, Y/n led all the widows aboard the jet and sought to ensure their safety. 

"It should be down here," Y/n explained quickly as an explosion erupted from their left, causing everyone to shout and cover their ears. "Keep going," Y/n advised the Widows.

After reaching the jet, Yelena and Y/n hustled all of them in before closing the door and giving a thumbs-up to Melina. 

Seeing that the two were sighing in the sky, the jet began to climb into the air. "We did it," Yelena said with a smile.

They watched the red fire erupt in the distance, causing them to start shaking, while they saw an explosion in the distance. 

"Not yet," she said as she grabbed Yelena's hand and began running. Holding on tightly to Yelena's hand, Y/n ran behind Dreykov.

It was only a matter of time until they were running away from the explosions behind them, her body feeling the warmth as she avoided being thrown by the explosions when she caught the eye of the plane Dreykov was boarding. 

Suddenly, Yelena let go of Y/n's hand before she felt herself fall onto the rock, ground as she stretched her knee.

Y/n groaned to herself as she watched Yelena continue to run, getting up quickly from the ground and running after Yelena. 

"Yelena! No!" Y/n shouted, the woman didn't listen to her before swinging herself up to the jet.

As sparks of flames fell around her, she felt the wind blowing through her hair.

"Don't do it!" Natasha yelled at her, Y/n turned to look at Natasha running up and standing next to her.

When she finished with the baton bombs, Yelena looked up from the engine as the smoke engulfed her, and her hair flew in the wind. 

"This was fun!" Yelena exclaimed as she locked eyes with them.

"Yelena!" Y/n shouted in a warning voice, while tears started to form in her eyes. "Don't do it!"

"But the Widows!" Yelena shouted, one last time. 

Yelena grunted as she raised her batons in the air and placed them in the wing, causing the plane to explode instantly, throwing Yelena backwards from the impact.

Fire exploded in Y/n's vision while she closed her eyes looking away from the shined, while heat shot in her face.

The Jet, continued to fly down while flamed went all around it taking over it. There was no way Dreykov would be able to escape while it was now falling to the ground at lightning speed.

Taking advantage of an opportunity, Natasha grabbed a spare parachute from the ground before jumping into the air behind her. 

In the face of imminent danger, Y/n ran to the edge of the Red Room and jumped off. 

As she free fell in the air, her stomach plunged inward, burning flames still exploded all around her. Pieces of the red room flew past her as she fell.

She dodged a wall coming her way, as the wind blew through her hair, before seeing Yelena and Natasha. Prior to seeing the robotic person from earlier, Natasha had a parasite on Yelena. "Natasha!" Y/n shouted as she watched it go in the opposite direction. "I'll get Yelena...go!"

In a few moments, Natasha let go of Yelena and Y/n made her way over to her sister while doing her best to avoid the falling rubbish which caused her to duck and turn. 

When Yelena who was awake reached out her arm, she grabbed it and stepped onto Y/n. 

"That was the best way, to die-" Y/n said, with a small smile looking up at Yelena who held onto her hand. Floating together, they slowly came to a halt.