9. back to square one

📍THE RED ROOM, UNKNOWN

                        HER BODY BEGAN TO GROAN INVOLUNTARILY, she was unable to move her hands, and thus felt numb. 

After some time, her eyes slowly opened, revealing a bright light in her face, as if she were at the dentist. Once she opened her eyes fully, she felt the feeling of numbness slowly fading from her body. 

Due to some strange compulsion, she was unable to move her body. 

She looked around. 

The light in her face did not distract her attention from three male doctors standing about talking while cleaning what appeared to be tools. 

Slowly she shifted her head when she realized they were not attending to her. She was strapped up against a metal table, still wearing her white bodysuit. 

Having looked down at the three doctors closely, she looked towards the lights. 

Her mind was racing, and she was unsure of what to do or where she was. 

She drew a keen glance down as she heard the device that kept her on the table whirring. 

An expert explained, "Dreykov has certain options," and Y/n's heart sank as soon as he heard his name. 

She shook a little in panic and looked around quickly. "To put the nightshade back into her mind-" 

There she was, back in the Red Room, the same place that had tortured her for years. The same place that had taken all of her hope away. 

As she recalled all of the memories reminiscing of ballet lessons, gun ranges, and graduations, she found herself in the same situation, lying down on a metal table awaiting surgery. 

She had no other choice.

And now she was back...

The feeling of a hand touching her head was perceived when she glanced at the man who was leaning down and drawing on her forehead with a black marker. 

At this point, she wasn't sure what to do and simply glanced around. Once he finished then he walked away, before Y/n just let out a loud sigh. 

Two of the doctors walked mainly into the room while starting to put things in the needles, "I hate needles, can I just get like a pill?" Y/n lied,  looking over at the man, trying to fill the awkward silence. 

They ignored her before she turned away from them. "Rude" She muttered under her breath. 

"Y/n, Yelena. It's me. It's mama," the familiar voice called in her ear. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows before looking around the room. 

That's when she knew she had an earpiece. 

She thought Melina was the one who put her here, but there was a comfortable tone in her voice.  "You have a two-inch blade concealed in your beltline.-" 

Y/n let out a hum, while the doctors turned to her causing her to quickly cover it with a cough. 

"I just had dinner so, y'know..." Y/n explained looking over at him, while she reached into her beltline, before feeling the end of the blade. 

She slowly moved it out of the beltline, while the doctors started to speak Russian holding onto the needle. 

She sighed in relief before quickly cutting the tape holding her done while jumping off of the medal table. 

The scientist groaned, falling back before one tried to run after Y/n, the woman ducked before slashing his leg causing him to fall to the ground with a groan.