Oliver Wood

Today was the Gryffindor quidditch try-outs, nerves crept in on you as you are hoping for place as a chaser on the Gryffindor team. You were sat in the Great Hall prodding your food "Y/N you are going to have to eat if you want to do well in the try-outs today. You will need your strength" Oliver said sitting down next to you in his quidditch uniform.

"Can't you just accept me as chaser without me having to try-out" You replied leaning your head on his shoulder.

"You know I can't do that Y/N, it isn't fair on your other team mates" He reassured leaning his head on yours.

"Argh fine, I'll go by the rules" You sighed sitting up drinking your pumpkin juice.
"You know I would if I could" Oliver said grabbing some toast.

"That's I lie, you always go by the rules!" You teased shoving Oliver's side making him choke on his pumpkin juice. You let out a laugh "Sorry didn't mean to make you choke." Oliver laughed and stopped coughing
"That lowers your chances of entering the team" He said wiping up the table. You laughed even more and gave a disbelieving look.

"You wouldn't do such a thing!" you gasped with your hands on your hips. "Haha you would be surprised, now come on eat something" Oliver said taking a bite into his toast. You sighed in defeat and started eating breakfast. As you took your first bite the owls flew in with the post, you looked up and saw your pepper your barn owl fly towards you with a rather large parcel and letter attached to it. "That's quite a parcel you have there!" Oliver said noticing your mail. Everyone noticed your mail and begged you to open it "Come on Y/N, open it!" Fred and George said in unison.

"Alright, alright let me read the letter first" You replied petting Pepper before she flew off. You opened the letter and began reading:

Dearest Y/N,

Your Dad and I thought that as you have been working really hard on your studies over the passed few years, you deserve a gift you've worked hard for. We realised ever since you first rode a broom, that you have always wished for this gift. So your Dad and I congratulate you for working hard so far through Hogwarts and give what you have wished for since you were 12.

Lots of Love,

Mum xx

P.S Good luck in your quidditch trials today, I'm sure this would help you achieve a place in the Gryffindor quidditch team x

After reading your mail you had a big smile painted on your face "So who's it from?" Oliver asked smiling at how excited you were.

"It's from my mum" You replied widening your smile giving your letter to Oliver.

"What do you think it is?" Oliver asked giving your letter back, you put your letter away and stood up to open your gift. "I have got one idea but it can't be!" You questioned.

"Well what are you waiting for? Open it then!" Oliver said smiling. You carefully teared open the brown parcel paper, you then lifted up the box lid and you couldn't believe your eyes! "Oh my God! Mum and Dad got me a firebolt!" You shouted with joy, Oliver smiled and got up to hug you "It's brilliant!" He said in amazement. The ebony wood captured the amazing shape of the broom. The candle light reflected of the golden foot rests. It was truly one of a kind.

"Come on lets go get to those try-outs!" You beamed lifting your broom and rushing Oliver out the great hall.

Quidditch Try-outs

You and your Gryffindor team mates stood in crowd and listened to Oliver explain what the try-outs involved. You had a firm grip on your new broom and you couldn't wait to try it out. "Now the first players to try out and gain a place in the quidditch team are the chasers." You and the other students trying out for a place as a chaser stepped forward and got into your positions. You were the last person to try-out and your nerves fought their way back. All the players played well so far and you had to be better to achieve a place. You flew towards your position and began your try-out.

You zoomed across the quidditch pitch on your new firebolt scoring everytime dodging attackers and Oliver as keeper. The adrenaline was racing through your body as you flew to score your last points. You flew at the speed of lightening towards Oliver, with the quaffle tightly secured and your waist you swerved to the side and through the quaffle straight through the middle hoop. Everyone clapped and cheered, Oliver had a bright smile on his face "Well done" he mouthed to you. You flew down to the ground along with Oliver and stepped off your broom.

You bought Oliver into a tight hug "I did it! I made the team!" you shouted. Oliver laughed and hugged you back "You deserve that place, you were awesome out there!" You felt your cheeks blush and gave a shy smile. Oliver smiled at your reaction and walked with you hand in hand back to the castle. Today was truly one of your best days.

A/N

Hope you liked this chapter, sorry if its not as good had a writers block and this is what I thought of. Anyways hope you enjoyed it and thank you for 2.58k reads! It truly means a lot that you guys take you tim to read my imagines I can't thank you enough! Next chapter is Harry so if you have any requests then feel free to inbox me. See you guys in the next chapter! :) x