George x Lily

A/N: Hello, people! So so sorry for the lateness of this chapter...it's Sunday and not Saturday so I apologise. This chapter may have some triggers in it (I've never written a chapter like this before) so don't read it if this appeals to you. As this is the first chapter with this warning I'm sorry if it isn't that good so bare with me. Anyhoo lets get on with the chapter.

Requested by 221Bfangirl

"I can't believe you right now!"

"If you would just calm down and let me help you, it would be fine!"

"Fine?!" You yelled back "I was completely fine before you disrupted me in the first place!"

George's lips turned downwards into a disproving frown. Before your shouting disrupted many students working silently in the library, you were working on your potions essay. You were near to finishing the troublesome essay Snape set when George, one of your closest friends walked over and asked if he could help. It started off alright but then you became even more stressed to the point of giving up and George was getting even more frustrated with you, taking your outbursts of anger too personally.

"Look George" you said calmly after taking a deep breath "I'm just getting so confused, go over the first few bits again, it's just so muddling"

George's reply was not one you expected "well maybe if you actually listened to what I said, you might be able to understand"

You sat there, long dark brown hair tied in a messy pony tail, your green eyes widened "I-I was listening, I just got confused that's all. Potions isn't my best subject"

"Well pay attention and we might get somewhere with this essay"

You crossed your arms over your chest and frowned "I am paying attention, that's the second time I've said that. Potions isn't exactly your best subject ether!"

George stood up and pushed your textbooks towards you "if you want to insult me and keep arguing with me then your on your own. I've tried to help you, but it looks like you want to fail potions."

With that George stormed out of the library leaving you on your own, your books scattered all over the table. Tears threatened to fall, George had never yelled at you like that before and you were a little shocked. Quickly packing your books away you marched to your common room and hid away in your dorm.

You didn't want to talk to anyone, certainly not George. You were worried your friendship may have been ruined because of the outburst. A tear rolled down your cheek as you thought about loosing a friend as great as George. You could always rely on him. What if he told his friends about what happened or even his brother, would they think less of you for getting angry? Would they think you overreacted? Would they abandon you and make friends with other people?

The feeling of loneliness swallowed you in more and more and your eyes flicked to your bedside table. No you thought to yourself, there's no need for that. It was just an argument, you could probably make up tomorrow and all would be forgotten, right?

But the thought of everyone thinking less of you overcrowded your reassurance, your breathing quickened and more and more tears fell. Before you knew it you opened your bedside drawer and had a knife held in your hand.

OOO

The next morning you kept your head down and just nodded at people who said hello, you felt ashamed of yourself but you lost control. Entering the great hall you saw George sitting with Fred the Gryffindor table talking to Angelina, you stopped dead in your tracks unsure of what to do. You didn't want to go over there in case you angered him again. But what if he wanted to apologise, in that moment he looked over at you and you immediatelyturned away and exited the great hall.

You couldn't go over there, it was obvious he was still angry. Instead of having breakfast and getting yourself worked up over the situation, you walked over to your first class and prayed to Merlin he wouldn't speak to you.

OOO

George's P.O.V

Bad day was an understatement, all day George had been feeling guilty for what he said yesterday. He knew you were sensitive and that had obviously slipped his mind. All day he'd been trying to talk to you, but whenever he made a move to walk over you ignored him and walked away. George had noticed you hadn't turned up for breakfast and lunch today and now you weren't here for dinner either.

George stood up from the table and was about to go to the common room to check if you were there but was interrupted "hey George, where are you off to? It's not even desert yet!" Fred asked grinning.

"I've got to go check on something quick Freddie, I wont be long" he replied and made a beeline for the doors. Fred furrowed his eyebrows but turned back to teasing Ron making Harry and Hermione laugh.

George walked as quickly as he could to the common room, he really hoped it wasn't him that caused you to avoid everyone. The guilt was drowning him.

Muttering the password he quietly entered the red and gold common room and saw you asleep on the couch in front of the fire. George breathed a sigh a relief, you were fine and you weren't hurt. He hadn't realised your arm until he walked over, small cuts led a trail up your arm up to your elbow.

"Lily" he whispered "Lily"

Lily's P.O.V

You heard someone muttering, your eyes slowly opening to see George kneeling down beside you with tears in his eyes. "George?" You wondered out loud "George what are you-"

"Lily, did I make you do this?" George said his voice incredibly quiet. You looked to where his eyes led and saw the scars you cut. You sat up and instantly covered up your arm and avoided his gaze. "Lily, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like this, please forgive me. Please lily, I'm so sorry"

You looked up to see tears falling from George's eyes, you looked at your arm and back at George. He didn't hate you, you gave him a small shy smile "I forgive you, and I'm sorry for making you worry and I'm sorry for avoiding you and ignoring you and-"

"Hey hey, it's alright" he interrupted wiping his eyes and shuffled closer to you and sat on the couch taking your hands in his. "Please, if you ever feel like this again, don't be afraid to tell me. I'm always here."

Smiling brighter you couldn't not look away from him now, George smiled back and leaned in taking your lips in his. Surprised for just a second at the sudden contact, you slowly relaxed into him and kissed back.

Pulling away George smiled "I like you Lily, I have for a while now"

You smiled back stood up along with him "why don't we head over to the kitchens for some dinner?"

"I would like that" you replied and left hand in hand to finally eat after hours and hunger.