Cedric x Reader

A/N: Hey! Another update for the week, it's Cedric. Hope you like it! :D

"Y/N!" Your name was called as you made your way across the snowy courtyard. You smiled knowing whom the voices belonged to, your best friends "Fred! George!" You replied just as loudly.

"How's our mischievous Hufflepuff on this fine snowy morning?" George asked walking alongside you.

You grinned "I'm well, you cheesy Gryffindor!"

"Gonna have to agree with her George, that was well and truly cheesy" Fred commented mirroring your grin. George just shook his head and chuckled. "How are you guys anyway" you asked

"We're well" Fred and George replied in unison "how's Cedric?"

You rolled your eyes, ever since you got together with Cedric, Fred and George didn't miss an opportunity to tease you about it. "He's fine, great actually"

"We don't need the details" you elbowed George in the side as he laughed "oh come on Y/N, I'm only playing"

"It's getting old guys, honestly"

"I tell you what isn't getting old" Fred said the mischievous grin still on his face.

"What's that?"

"A good old prank" Fred replied

"On your Hufflepuff in shining armour" George added.

You stopped and stood in front of the two Weasley twins arms crossed, "I don't think that's such a good idea, I love pranks and all...but me and Cedric have only been together for a few months. I don't want to risk anything"

Fred and George looked at each other, then back at you, then back at each other.

"You know what I think Freddie?"

"What's that George?"

"Y/N is too in love to join in on our pranks"

"I completely agree wi-"

"No, no no! I didn't mean that!" You said feeling annoyed, Fred and George laughing at your reaction "for goodness sake you two are such a wind up!"

"So you're in? Come on Y/N, we know you can't miss a prank" Fred said

"You won't break his heart" George added. A shy smile turned your lips upwards as you shuffled your feet in the snow "what do you have in mind?"

Both the twins grinned "well.."

OOO

"Hey, love" Cedric greeted kissing you sweetly on the cheek when sat down next to you on the Hufflepuff table.

You smiled and felt Cedric's arm wrap loosely round your waist "Hey Cedric"

"What's that you got?" He asked indicating to the box of sweets on in front of you.

"Oh, Fred and George gave me some sweets, would you like to try one?"

Cedric furrowed his eyebrows feeling slightly unsure "are you sure they didn't do anything to them?"

You laughed "Cedric, I wouldn't be eating them if they didn't promise me they weren't pranking"

"Ok" Cedric smiled as you handed one to him. He unwrapped the foil on the treat and began chewing.

He hummed in pleasure "tastes nice" he complimented.

"You like it?" You asked grinning, Cedric nodded but then felt a funny sensation on his face. He looked back towards you and saw your grin. "Y/N, what have you got me eating!"

You laughed and got a mirror out of your bag for Cedric, "I must say Ced, you do look really handsome today"

Cedric widened his eyes when he saw his reflection, his face had been disfigured. "It was a prank!" He exclaimed "I knew something was up!"

You laughed even more "it's not permanent, don't worry" you reassured him.

Cedric sighed with relief when his face was back to normal, he looked at you and smiled "I dot think I can trust you anymore"

You pulled a fake frown "yes you can, I wasn't that bad"

"I have to admit it was rather funny" you smiled kissing him on the cheek.

OOO

For the rest of the day Cedric had been rather quiet around you, whenever you asked what was wrong he smiled and said everything was fine. But you knew he wasn't. You entered the Hufflepuff common room and saw him sat down on one of the sofas. Walking over you had a little voice inside you head saying it was the prank, it was the prank. You brushed the voice aside and sat down next to him, placing your hand on his shoulder.

"Cedric, what's wrong." You said calmly.

"It's fine, I'm fine honestly Y/N" he replied still avoiding eye contact.

"Cedric" you placed your hand on his cheek turning him to face you. "You know you can tell me anything, what's wrong" you added softly stroking his cheek with you thumb.

He closed his eyes and sighed "it's not that..I don't...I" he stuttered words refusing to form into a functioning sentence. He paused for a minute a mumbled "you seem pretty close with Fred and George"

You couldn't believe what he was saying, was he really worried that you liked Fred and George that way? You placed your other hand his other cheek "Cedric look at me" he looked up at you worry in his grey eyes.

"You don't need to worry about them, I don't like them in that way" you reassured smiling "Fred and George are my best friends and are staying that way. I love you"

Cedric was quiet for a moment before he smiled in return and buried his head in the crook of your neck. You wrapped your arms around him as he whispered "I love you too"