Cedric x Reader

Warning: slight bad language

Summer is nearly here and the end of term exams are in a few weeks, you weren't really nervous because you were prepared and studied unlike some of your fellow Hufflepuffs'. The hot sun shone through the castle windows as you walked down the crowded corridors. Lunch had just finished and you had a free period, many of your friends were in the library but you thought that a little break wouldn't do any harm. "I have been studying a lot recently" you thought to yourself, so you walked outside to the courtyard. You instantly absorbed the Suns' heat once you were outside, you found a quiet shaded area under a tree.

Shrugging off your school robe, you placed your bag on the grass and sat down leaning against the tree trunk. You enjoyed the quiet and were glad that you decided on taking a break, closing your eyes enjoying the peace and light breeze. You got your small sketch pad out and started doodling, you were in your own little world but was disturbed when an sneering voice made itself known. "Oh look what we have here, it's L/N the filthy mudblood!" You recognised the voice from anywhere and knew that it was Malfoy, the arrogant, Slytherin bully.

He always teased you and bullied you for being muggleborn, you were going to say something back but thought that ignoring him would be the better option. Malfoy noticed you were ignoring him and started glaring at you "don't ignore me, you filth!" He shouted stepping closer to you. You kept your eyes on your sketchpad and blocked him out, Malfoy was having none of it. He noticed the sketchpad you were drawing in and took it from you. You looked up to face his signature sneer and stood up instantly "is this precious to you, mudblood?"

"Give it back Malfoy" you said quietly, you were starting to get nervous, his goons laughed at your response making you feel smaller. A dry chuckle escaped Malfoy's lips "what was that? Didn't quite hear you!" He raised your sketchpad higher so you couldn't reach it, you knew jumping to get it would be useless so you just stood still and tried to stand your ground. "I said give it back!" You argued raising your voice, Malfoy's smirk only grew.

"Don't think I will" he answered, flicking through your drawings "they're shit drawings anyway, not surprised though, mudbloods' have no talent!"

That's it you had enough, you had enough of feeling small and intimidated so reached out to grab your sketchpad. Only that resulted in Malfoy kicking you in the shins and chucking your sketchpad across the courtyard. You fell back and hit your head on the tree trunk behind you. You yelped in pain and felt tears sting the back of your eyes. Malfoy and his pricks were laughing at your misery.

What you didn't realise however is that someone caught your sketchpad and was standing right behind Malfoy and his gang. "That's what you get, you filthy mudblood!" Malfoy snarled, no matter how hard you tried to fight against crying, tears began to fall. That's when the person who caught your sketchpad spoke up "Oi Malfoy!" It was Cedric Diggory, he shoved Malfoy making him stumble back "leave Y/N alone!"

You wiped your tears away and stood up slowly, "what are you going to do about it Diggory?! She deserved it, she's a mudblood!" Malfoy retorted stepping closer to Cedric. Cedric put your sketchpad in his robe pocket so Malfoy couldn't take it back, he grabbed Malfoy from his robe and answered in a low threatening voice "don't call her that" a look of seriousness dead in the eye. Malfoy's smirk was wiped straight off his face, Cedric glared at him before shoving to the ground.

"My father will here about this!" He shouted before strutting away with his posse. Cedric only rolled his eyes and walked over to you, "here you are Y/N, are you alright?" Cedric asked calmly handing you your sketchpad. "Y-yeah, I'm f-fine" you stuttered quietly, knowing Cedric wasn't going to believe you.

"Are you sure?" He asked, you nodded in reply and remained quiet. Cedric noticed the sad look in your eyes "hey, don't listen to him. You're not filth, completely opposite to filth actually" a small smile appeared on your face at Cedric's compliment, you could feel yourself blush and looked down avoiding eye contact.

Cedric took his hands in yours making you look up "don't let that slimy git's words get to you Y/N. He just doesn't see how kind, caring and beautiful you are" Cedric leaned in and softly kissed you on the cheek, "if there's anymore trouble, you know where to find me" he smiled before slowly walking away. You placed your hand where Cedric kissed you on the cheek, feeling slight tingles. You smiled blushing madly before grabbing your bag and walking to your next class, eyes on a certain Hufflepuff.

A/N

Really, really sorry it's been awhile. Been reading a lot of dramione fan fiction recently 😆....so I apologise ahah. Anyway hope you liked this chapter, I love how sweet and fluffy it turned out to be, Cedric is such a cutie. Anyhoo I'm rambling, thank you for the reads and votes and I will see you in the next chapter which I think is a Fred and George chapter 😊