Harry x Reader

A/N: Hey guys it's been a while, so so sorry for an extremely long wait. I've been rather busy with college and I've started writing a dramione fanfic so I've been trying to work out the plot whilst writing that. Anyway hope you have all been well, hope you had a great Halloween! Mine wasn't that good...weren't any great films to watch on Halloween on well. Hope you enjoy this chapter and as I have quite a few requests which have been requested for quite some time now, so I'm closing requests until they are all complete. Hope you all understand. Let's get writing, here's another Harry x reader oneshot for you all. x

A long tired sigh escaped your lips, drifting dust off of a library book as you struggled to even write a paragraph,  for a potions essay Slughorn had set. Drowning in potion textbooks and screwed up parchment you were on the verge of giving up. You realised sixth year was going to be a challenge considering NEWTS and all, but you didn't know it was going to be this hard. You still didn't know why you even took potions, it was your worst subject! Oh yes that's why, you wanted to become an Auror, you had quite the skills for duelling and defending yourself and potions was one of the requirements to become an Auror.

You frowned as you saw little innocent first years scribbling their essays down on parchment, not having a single clue about the stress ahead of them. Merlins beard, you wanted to be in first year again, it seems so easy now. But no you were stuck, choking on dust and getting hand cramps from rewriting the first sentence for your essay for a tenth time.

You groaned with frustration slamming your elbows down on the desk, burying your head in hands. You weren't getting anywhere. You tried asking Harry to borrow his potions textbook as he somehow managed to climb to the top of the class in potions, knocking Hermione of the top spot. But no, he didn't allow anyone to touch his precious little potions book. Not even you, his girlfriend of two years now, can't borrow it.

Not wanting to suffer any longer you packed your things, got rid of all the screwed up balls of failed easy attempts and walked over to the book shelf returning the books you used. Which were not bloody helpful in the slightest. You just wanted to collapse on a common room couch and lay there. Just lay there and eat Honeyduke's variety of sweets and chocolate, a chocolate frog perhaps or a treacle tart. That was most defiantly what you needed right now.

Trudging your way back to the Gryffindor common room, bag nearly slipping off your shoulder. You took your time, no need to be speedy. You quite liked lone quiet walks around the castle, took your mind off things.

Not really paying attention you turned the corner and walked into someone in a tired haze. The victim of your lack of awareness fell to floor, feeling incredibly guilty and embarrassed you looked down to see Luna smiling up at you. Why are smiling? You thought you just fell over?

"I'm so sorry Luna, I wasn't paying attention" you said helping her up.

"It's quite alright, you obviously have a lot of things on your mind" Luna said in her dreamy voice "a good rest should help" she added smiling.

You smiled back, amused "perhaps your right, I am rather tired"

"Well I've got to run, I've lost another pair of my shoes, have a nice evening Y/N" Luna said her farewells and then skipped down the hallway parchments in her hand. You chuckled amused at Luna's well known friendly persona and continued your walk to the Gryffindor common room.

As you were ascending the staircase leading to the fat lady portrait and your foot got wedged in the trick step "for Merlins sake" you swore pulling your foot out "stupid bloody trick step. Can anything else go wrong today?!"

You finally arrived in the common room throwing your bag next to one of the couches and collapsed on it, laying in the comfy cushions next to the warm fire. Finally, you can relax. "Y/N" apparently not.

"Yes" you sighed, looking up. Harry stood there arms crossed annoyed look on his face. You grinned "what's wrong love, having a hard day?"

"You um, your lying on my potions book" Harry said awkwardly shifting on his feet.

"Am I?" You asked fetching the book from underneath you "so I am! Ooo this book is so interesting" you added flicking through the pages.

"Give it back"

"Ooo look at all these potions I can make" you continued completely ignoring Harry.

"Y/N"

You started walking around the room "I'm really loving this book, it's such a good read. Ooo look diagrams"

"Y/N give it back" Harry said trying to fight away his smile. You paused and grinned at him again "no, you're going to have to get it from me" you winked, annoying Harry even more.

Harry started walking towards you and reached for the book, but you were too fast. "No it's not gonna be that easy!"

"Y/N, come on!"

"No!" He then started chasing you round the common room, your laughter filling the room. Nearly dropping the old textbook Harry exclaimed "careful, the bindings fragile!"

You laughed even harder bindings fragile you thought bloody hell.

You then thought it would be funny to throw cushions at him, Harry thought otherwise. "This is hardly fair isn't it?!"

Harry was now grinning at how amused you were, "you can't catch me!" You shouted running around the couch again throwing more cushions. Soon enough Harry did catch up with you and started tickling you. "Harry!" You exclaimed

"Give me back my book!"

You were laughing so hard you couldn't breath, you lost balance and fell to floor onto the cushions you threw taking Harry down with you.

"Ow, are you ok?" Harry asked, you smiled setting the book aside "I'm spectacular" you replied and pulled Harry closer. Your lips touched his into a gentle turn passionate kiss. You hands in his messy raven hair, his on your hips. After a few minutes of none stop kissing you had to pull away to catch your breath.

Looking back at each other you both grinned and ended up in a fit of giggles "I love you Y/N" Harry said chuckling

"More than your precious potions book?" You asked smirking

Harry rolled his eyes "of course, more than the potions book you adorable idiot"

You kissed again and cuddled for the rest of the day in the floor of cushions you created. You guessed being in year six wasn't that bad.