She saved me💟

A/N: really old oneshot I wrote back when I was planning and writing for what to do for Boruto after deciding I wanted to bring him back in "Scarlet-sama". So you might see some stuff I wrote in Scarlet-sama here, and a couple of Natsu's quotes bc I love him lol.

Boruto's POV

It's been two years...

Two years ago, everyone thought I was dead. When in reality I was saved later on from the cages of death and somehow ended up training on the freezing cold surface of the moon. Coming back to the village now that I've completed my training, was quite hard. Difficult to explain too of course. After 5 days, everyone in the 5 nations knew that I was actually alive and all that. It took a while explaining how it all happened but everyone came to understand eventually.

Although...out of everyone I knew, there was one person who still needed time to get used to me back in her life, Sarada. She distanced herself from me at first, and that's understandable. I'm the reason her red blood Sharingan is even stronger now. She didn't want to get close again, fearing I'll disappear again and leave. She didn't want to go through all the hardships she went through to get over me all over again. So I let her take her time, gave her some space.

One day our usual team went out for a mission for the first time after 2 years. Let's just say, I kinda got into a sticky situation and...she came to my rescue.

"Even after 2 years...I still have to watch over you huh."
And for the first time since I came back, she looked at my face, straight into the eyes. I finally got to see her face! Her face was just as I remembered when I last saw her, and also slightly different. She definitely doesn't have a cute child-like face like we all used to when we were kids. How do I describe it? She looks more...older? Well, more like, she's grown. No doubt more beautiful than when she was younger. She looks more beautiful, cute, strong, intelligent, sweet, kind and just...breathtaking. Did I mention her hair? It's gotten longer, a huge glow up I do say so myself.

We were soon back to normal and I couldn't have been happier.

"Remember when we were genin-"

"You're still a genin."

"Nevermind that, when we were all genin. I said I'll be your right hand man and protect you when you become Hokage."

"I can't ever forget that honestly."

"I realized I've been protecting you all the time after I said those words. And I'm gonna continue to do so! You're going to be so busy taking care of the village, who'll take care of you? Easy answer: Me!"

But it just had to turn out the other way.

I'm the one that was supposed to be protecting her, but she's protecting me instead.

"I've met many people and been to many places while you weren't here. Those people, and those places hold a special place in my heart. They've taught me many lessons. One of them, is that It's ok to lose, it's ok to cry out loud, it's ok to be scared, it's ok to be confused, it's ok to be a loser, it's ok to be a little dense and it's ok to just be yourself. That's who you really are, and that's how you live, that's how you're...you. I think being like that is...proof that you're alive, that you're human.😊"

The warm sunrays of the sunset coated over the upper half of her body facing towards me, a soft smile displayed on her face as a gentle wind danced through her dark long hair, allowing her clan's creast to reveal at the back of her clothing, the scarlet sky matching with it as well, cherry blossoms falling over her body ever so lightly.

I swear I saw an angel straight out of a fantasy there.

...

"Didn't I tell you to run?! Why'd you come back?! It's dangerous!"

She struggled fighting back but answered anyway. "A Hokage...never leaves her- ugh! I NEVER LEAVE MY FRIENDS BEHIND SHANAROOOOOOOOOO!"

"She's right!"

Mitsuki?!

"The captain has spoken. She won't take those words back."

...

"At this rate the village won't last long."

"Dammit!" I let out a curse of frustration.

"Give up. You have no chance."

I immediately spat back. "We don't know that until we try!"

"Are you sure? Haven't you tried enough? You've done almost everything you can, and you're almost out of chakra. Simply surrender." He laughs deviously.

I'm getting sick of hearing him but...is there really nothing we can do?

"A friend of mines once said,"

Sarada?!

"The moment you feel like giving up, think of why you've come so far in the first place. With my comrades by my side, taking you down will be possible!"

"How? Can you please demonstrate?"

"Gladly."

Mitsuki spoke up. "But how exactly? Do you have a plan?"

"Not exactly but...we're in this together aren't we? My friends are here, why should I be scared?"

...

She's...definitely driving me crazy. Everytime I feel like suddenly dropping everything, she just comes in and...illuminates my surroundings. Everything just seems to be brighter. More full of light, more colourful.

But seeing how she always saves me, is starting to make me feel like...I need to get stronger. For her. If I'm the one to be protecting her, shouldn't I be more strong enough? That's it. I'm gonna make sure she doesn't get another chance to protect me again. I'll be doing that for her.

A/N: idk how this was...I was bored🧍‍♀️.

The line above right there was me from back then awww. I was bored. Huh. Sounds like my typical self. Writing such a beautiful piece of work bc I was bored. Sounds so much like me. Oh wait that is me. Anyway.