Chapter 2

"Trust no one".
Anonymous.

—————————————————————

Third person P.O.V

When Asad regained consciousness, he found himself laying on a bed, he met Nafisa by the side who noticed he was wide awake and offered him water but he politely declined it.

He stood up to his feet and walked towards the window to see that the sun was no where to be seen and the ray of light had vanished. The sun had set and the moon was out, accompanied by the little stars in the sky.

"Asad.." Nafisa called out his name and he slowly turned and stared at her.

He seemed void at the moment, so empty and so lost but when she scrutinized into his eyes , she saw the pain and vulnerability and that only shattered her heart.

"Asad.." she called out once again and this time he looked down to his feet.

"In shã Allah (If Allah wills it) everything will be okay"... She gave him a faint smile.

He shoot his head negatively, side to side "No Nunu, do not tell me everything is going to be okay when you hid the truth from me. Umma was right , you are a bad person!" ...he stomped out of the room and rushed into the first room he saw.

His breathing got heavy and so did his heart so he sat down on the well furnished bed and started panting... unknownily obscurely.

Memories from the night before flashed through his eyes like it was on replay.

The way that man tore out his father's head , the way that man molested his mother and tortured her before killing her.

God!!! His mother was raped right before his very own eyes .

'The way their heads were placed on my laps '.... He thought as a lone tear escaped his left eye.

The memories just kept on taunting Asad so he decided to lay down and take deep breaths in and out but that only worsen everything.

Sweat filled his body and he started feeling like he was suffocating. He sat up straight again and after a few minutes he laid down once again.

He did not acknowledge when he embraced his pillow and let his tears run freely, soaking his pillow case.

'If only my mother was here she would have hugged me and told me to stop crying'...He thought as he cried harder.

'But she is not, she was tortured and killed in front of me'.... his thoughts pierced his heart and what he felt was unbearable.

Soon he dosed off with his heart heavy.

The following day.........

Najib and Nafisa got ready as soon as possible, locked up and left the house. Najib dropped Nafisa off at their family house and he drove to the police station.

"Sir"... The police man there , shakes Najib's hand and gives Najib a sad smile.

"Any luck?" Najib asks.

The police man sigh and says no.

"It's been a day and you can't find a single evidence that could trace the culprit?" Najib impatiently questioned .

"Sorry sir , we tried our best but we can not perform any magic. You need to be patient. We called the Federal Inspector, he will be here in an hour time"...The police man said , not to sure when the federal Inspector was going to arrive, with that statement said the police man took his leave.