Chapter 29

"There is no cramming for the test of life, it is always full of surprises".

                                        ~Anonymous.

—————————————————————

Aneesa and Asad got home that night and were laughing as they walked through the hallway.

They went to the cinema and watched a comedy show and they could not stop laughing since then.

"Well I will take my leave from here"... Aneesa said as she stood in front of her door.

"Alright have a lovely night"... Asad said and watched her walk into her room then he walked into his to retreat for the night.

Aneesa was about to unzip her dress when she saw Kamal sitting on the bed and her smile dropped.

For the first time in history, she was not excited to see him... she did not even want to see him.

She even forgot he was in Kaduna and spent the whole day with Asad and did not mind that.

"Where were you?"... Kamal narrowed his eyes as he stood up from the bed.

"I.. I was with Asad"... her words came out slowly as she watched him clench his fist by the side.

"Doing what exactly?"... Kamal asked knowing what she was doing but he wanted to see whether she would lie to him.

But Aneesa being the honest lady she was , she told him the truth.

"I went out with Asad to dine and watch a movie"... she blurted out and watch Kamal boil.

"Okay , let's go.." he dragged her hand and wanted to make her leave the room with him.

"Kamal wait"... she forcefully removed her hand from that of Kamal's.

"What is it Iyeesah?".... He asked.

She looked around and noticed that her room was empty and all her belongs was no where to be seen.

"Kamal where did my belongings go to?"... she asked.

"I packed them for you , now let's go"... Kamal stated and held her hand but she seemed hesitant.

"What else?"... he sounded pissed off.

"What about Asad? Are we going to leave him"... she asked and that made Kamal's body turn cold.

"He is none of our business now, you are quitting this job"... Kamal said and saw the disappointment in her eyes.

Funny how she was forced to come to Kaduna to stay with Asad and now she does not want to leave him.

"But... but I don't want to leave, at least let him be aware of the fact that I am leaving"... she said, she was considering his feelings.

"I don't want to see you close to Asad , let's go Aneesa"... Kamal hardly called her by her name.

"Then what if I don't want to go?"...Aneesa found herself asking.

'Was she really falling?'...The thought broke Kamal's heart.

"Please Aneesa, please. I know I am hard to deal with but believe me when I say I love you. I need you by my side, you are the only that understands me in this cruel world. Can you please come so that we can leave?"... he did not want to see Aneesa close to Asad again.

Aneesa still seemed hesitant.

"We can leave the plan, we won't exhibit it again"... he promised.

Aneesa reluctantly nodded and followed Kamal since Asad was going to be safe.