Chapter 30

"It is not about who is real to your face, it's who stays loyal behind your back".

~Anonymous.

—————————————————————

Asad kept his word and left immediately after one week.

He was impressed with the way Mr Ahmed was managing the business and knew he could trust him.

After searching for Aneesa for a whole week , Asad decided to give up.

He tried her number several times but she wasn't answering and so he decided to let her be.

And as for Nawal... She did not dare set eyes on him again, neither did he.

Asad heaved a sigh as he watch the plane land.

He was finally in Lagos.

Funny how he was happily going to Kaduna with Aneesa and now he was coming back alone.

He disembarked from the plane with his luggage and causally walked towards the airport.

He heard people cheer his name as he walked pass them but he couldn't care less.

As he walked into the airport, His Aunt took notice of him before he did and she ran to hug him.

"Asad!"... she happily beamed as she gave him a bone crushed hug.

"I missed you so much"... she said in addition before he could reply.

"I...I...I can't breathe.." Asad was suffocating due to the hug.

Aunt Nafisa broke the hug and smile "Oh..sorry".

Asad wanted to say something but Hiba spoke.

"Asad!"... Hiba hugged him as well.

"I missed you!"...she stated.

Asad gave them a small smile "I missed you all as well".

"Where is Aneesa? I missed her so much and I still do"... Hiba pouted.

Asad's little smile dropped.

"That's true ... where is she?"... Aunt Nafisa asked as she looked around, her eyes searching for Aneesa.

Asad pulled his lips into a thing line and held his luggage firmly.

"I do not want to talk about it. Let's go to your house"...Asad spoke.

"You like calling it my house... isn't it our home"... Aunt Nafisa stated as they walk to the car.

Asad halt in his tracks and stared at her.

"Our home?"...He stared at her with an unknown emotion.

"Never! I repeat, never call your house my home again. My home died the day my parents did so as far as I am concerned I don't have a home, I just live in your house"... Asad eyes turned cold as he spoke harshly to her.

Aneesa's disappearance was frustrating him and the few encounters he had with Nawal pissed him off and he had no one to pour his frustration on.

Nafisa eyes turned glossy as she stared at him.

"Why are you talking to my mother like that?".... Hiba frowned as she held her mother's hand.

Asad remained silent and walked away.

He called his driver to come and pick him up and soon he was out of sight.

Nafisa and Hiba walked to their car and silently drove home.