Chapter 39

"It is nice to be important but it is important to be nice".

                                       ~The rock.

————————————————————-

She stood in the meadow and let her white dress flow in a rhythm with the white daisy in the green grass.

Her long hair cascaded down to her waist and she faced the sun so all Asad could see was her back and her beautiful long hair.

Asad walked closer to her and met a little child holding her hand.

He was bad with children and he could not really tell if a child was a girl or a boy.

They all looked alike to Asad.

The child turned and happily stared at Asad then hugged him.

"Daddy".. the little child said and the woman with long hair then turned.

"Baby of mine"... Nawal's beautiful blue eyes pierced into Asad gray ones.

"Yes my queen"... Asad sheepishly smiled.

Nawal placed both her hand on his shoulder and gave him a small kiss.

"I love you"... she smiled and that melted Asad's heart.

"I love you too"... Asad was about to kiss her but fell.

Asad fell to ground and hit his head, making him wake up.

He woke up with this warmth in his heart but disappointment took over when he realized what he saw was a dream and in reality Nawal did not love him.

He could not be with her even if he wanted to and he does not see himself ever becoming a father.

He felt like he was not fit to be one and his child will end up hating him.

Asad stood up from the ground with disappointment swirling in his heart and went to pray then got ready for the day.

After that Kamal incident, Nawal has been ignoring him for 2 good days and she stayed out of his territory like he demanded.

She has accepted the fact that Asad no longer loves her and he does not want to be with her so she will keep off and mind her business till the 3 months is over.

For the past two days that Nawal has ignored Asad's existence, she has been living in his mind and heart and he has been dreaming about her and in all the dreams he had, the duo were both happy together.

Nawal was so close to Asad yet she was far and the biggest barrier between them now was an emotion called Ego.

Asad walked down the stairs after freshening up and went straight to the kitchen to make tea for himself.

Nawal stopped entering the kitchen to cook for him, she had her own money and so she has been ordering food for herself.

All this was driving Asad crazy... he did not expect her to take his words to heart and act like this.

He wanted her to cry and act weak and follow him but he knew better... Nawal was never a chaser, she was the one who likes to be chased.

She was expensive and hard to get at times and Asad loved it.

That was one of the reasons he fell in love with she during their university days.

Asad heaved a sigh as he mixed his iced coffee.

He then toasted bread for himself and sat on the kitchen counter then ate in silence.

Just then Nawal walked in dressed in a black jogger.