Chapter 24

"When life shuts the door at you , open it again. That is how life works. You aren't suppose to give up".

~Unknown.

—————————————————————-

Asad stared at Aneesa as she stood by the door dressed in a simple lilac dress.

He showed no emotion as she introduces herself. He just continued signing his papers.

Anas' accident made him turn void again and he didn't bother to hide it.

Nothing seemed to fascinate him anymore.

It's like each time he gets close to someone, death will come and take them away.

"Is there anything I can help you with Sir?"... her voice caught his attention.

He stared at his mother look alike and shook his head.

He wanted to ignore her but just shrugged it off.

When he was done signing his papers, he checked the time and saw it was pass noon which means Hiba was done with school.

He was feeling lazy and didn't want to go and pick her up.

Had it been Anas was here, he would have gladly picked up Hiba without Asad asking him .

Asad missed the guy but did not let it bother him.

"You should get my schedule from my secretary, Fatima. Tomorrow come early. You will start working fully"... Asad instructed her in a formal manner as he stared at her.

She looked so much like his mother just darker and thinner.

"Okay sir"... She replied, her gaze was focused on the floor.

Asad cleared his throat and tore his gaze away from her.

He then left the office.

Walking out of the company and into his car was hell like for Asad because the paparazzi were always there waiting for him like flies.

He walked pass them and went straight into his car and took a seat at the passenger side.

Aneesa watched Asad through her new office window as the car drove away from the crowd and into an unknown road.

Aneesa walked out of her office and went to look for Asad's secretary.

'The company is quite big'.... She thought as she made her way into the secretary's office.

"Hi good afternoon"... Aneesa smiled at Fatima.

"Oh Salam..." Fatima smiled back as she greeted Aneesa.

"You must be Mr Asad's new P.A." ... Fatima says.

Rumors had spread round the company that Mr Asad's new P.A. was a female and a good looking one at that.

Aneesa only nods in agreement.

"Good, have a seat and let's talk. Let me put you through the do's and don't's around here before your head gets chopped off"...Fatima joked.

After Asad had taken Hiba home , he went straight to the mosque and prayed then he proceeded to the hospital to stay with his friend.

He met Kamal already there.

He stared at Anas heart beat on the holter monitor and saw that the rate of Anas heartbeat was dropping.

'Who did this to you?'... he asked himself the question that he always asks himself whenever he comes to see Anas.