Chapter 14

"Love is the only plane that has no parachute. Once you fall ... you fall hard".

                                    Anonymous .

—————————————————————-

Nawal's eyes flicker with some unknown emotion as she listen to Asad speak before he fell unconscious.

'He is just speaking nonsense because he is intoxicated'... a voice inside Nawal's head spoke.

She used all the strength she had in her to pick up Asad and place him back on the chair.

When she was done , she picked a book and sat opposite him. She had to keep herself busy in order not to think about what he said.

'He doesn't mean it , he is just intoxicated that's why he is saying all this'.. she told herself.

Other than that , she didn't want to get attached to anyone be it guy or girl, she can't stay here for long even if she wanted to.

Besides she had her own life to handle and a man would be the least of her problems now.

Especially a man who is lost and hasn't found himself yet.

Her breathing became uneven as she thought of how her life was.

Her tears did not hesitate to stream down and began to stain the book she was reading.

'Will things ever get easier for me?' ... she thought

***

Asad regained consciousness but felt like he was dreaming.

His eyes darted with confusion as he stared around.

'How did I get here?' ... he thought as he looked forward and instantly became shocked.

"Nawal?"... he became confused again.

"How did I get here?"... he asked her and she simply shrugged in response.

He tried to remember what happened before he passed out but his head gave him nothing.

The only thing he remembered was him searching for money and heading to the liquor store.

He heaved a sigh as he placed his hand on his forehead and he observed how mild his headache was.

He then noticed his wounds have been treated but how?

He stared at how they were neatly covered with bandages , he then stared at Nawal.

"You did this?"... he asked and she nodded in response.

"Thank you"... he said as he felt this warmth in his heart.

"I hope I didn't say anything while I was intoxicated"... He asked.

"Well... nothing too serious" ... Nawal shrug.

"Oh we-.." Asad was cut off by Anas who rushed in.

"Asad, there you are"... he was wet from the rain.

"I have been looking for you"... Anas lied. He knew Asad was here the whole time. He watched Nawal tend Asad's wounds and listened to Asad voice out what's in his heart to Nawal.

He was just waiting for Asad to regain consciousness so that he will ruin things for them.

Asad recognize the guy.

It was the guy who had no respect for women.

"I did as you said. I gather a lot of information about her"... Anas pointed at Nawal and narrowed his eyes.