Chapter 4

"Indeed hardship comes with ease, no condition is truly permanent".

                                         Anonymous.

—————————————————————

Third person's P.O.V

The following day Asad was awoken with a hot slap right on his face.

"What the hell?".... He yelled in response which surprise Aunt Karima because it's the first time he is talking to her after his parents' death.

"What the hell right?"... She questioned as she raised a brow.

"Yunusa ....bring my cane".... she then ordered

Yunusa rushed in and brought a big cane with a wide evil smirk on his face.

As soon as it made contact with Aunt Karima's hand. She started flogging Asad mercilessly, making sure to leave marks all over his body.

Little Asad shouted as she flogged him.

Meanwhile Yunusa couldn't be more contented with the whole situation.

'May God bless my mother'... He said to himself.

Kamal peaked through the curtains when he heard Asad shouting and gasped.

'I need to go and call Dad'.. he said inwardly as he rushed to his father's room.

"Let me say this once again, this!! Should be the last time I would ever wake you up, you Stupid Orphan!"... She yelled right to his face as he sat up right.

New tears gathered up in his eyes and were ready to spill out.

"If a single tear drops in my presence, I promise you I am going to skin you alive"... Aunt Karima threatened.

'I wish you would just do it right away' Yunusa said within himself.

"Now get out of my sight and go and start fetching water for bathing, do not forget the set of rules and regulations I imposed on you" .... She said but Asad remained still at the moment he was to weak to move.

"I am talking to a deaf and dumb person?"... She tore a hot slap across Asad's red face.

"Don't touch me, you are a witch"... Asad yelled at the bottom of his lungs.

Aunt Karima had a mischievous grin on her face "A witch? Then I guess you won't mind if a witch broke your hand right?"... She says as she grabs Asad's hand and began to twist it.

She made sure she put all her force and might on the boy's little arm making him shout and cry at the same time.

Soon his arm was no longer pink but rather blood was streaming down.

"Karima! What is the meaning of this?"... Her husband, Mr Zubairu walked in.

Yunusa quickly ran away as soon as he heard his father's voice while Kamal hid behind the curtains and watched everything with curious eyes.

"Well...I "... Aunt Karima became speechless.

"You what?"... He narrowed his eyes as he moved closer, he already caught her in the act, so lying was pointless.

"Do you want to rip off his arm or what, look at how lifeless and pale he looks for God's sake"... He roared at his wife who still remained silent.

"Asad , get up!" He ordered Asad to get up but Asad was to weak to move a muscle.

"I said get up " He said once more but Asad remained still.

He carried Asad and made him stand , in the process he did the unbelievable.