Chapter 7

"Karma has no menu , you get served what you derserve".

                                           Anonymous.

—————————————————————

"Asad" ...her sad voice called out again and he just stood there at the spot.

Not knowing what to do.

"I..I thought you wouldn't come" ...she gave him a weak smile.

Asad looked at his uncle , waiting for an explanation on why she was crying.

"She said you will not come and visit her and that's why she started crying. It's the hormones playing with her head"....he whispered the last part to Asad.

"Hey" ...Nafisa tossed a slipper at Najib. "I heard that" a frown settled on her lips.

Najib only chuckled in response.

His heart was trying to contain all the joy he was feeling at this moment.

He was soon going to be a father!

He was soon going to have an actual family... after twenty-one (21) good years!

God is surely great!

When Asad sat , Najib tried stirring up a conversation.

"So Asad , how is your external exam going?" He asked hoping to a positive response but Asad only stared at him.

"Fine"... Asad reply was short yet Najib appreciated it.

"Which University are you planning going on going to"...Najib asked but Asad simply shrug.

"What do you want to become?"...Najib shot another question and Asad started feeling suffocated but didn't want to seem or sound rude to his uncle.

It would hurt Aunt Nafisa and he did not want that.

Najib became silent and left after he saw how cold Asad was acting towards him.

"Asad come sit close to me"... Aunt Nafisa patted an empty space besides her and he simply obeyed.

"Everything will be okay"..she assured as if she could read his thoughts. That's why he liked her and was very fond of her.

She was the only one that understood him.

"It's been six year Asad, I think it's about time you let go of the past and allow yourself be happy"... Nafisa said but Asad remained silent, lost in his own thoughts.

He always felt like a failure for not helping his family. He watched them die and all he could do is cry like the weak person he was and it always pierced his heart.

"You know that your parents wi-" He placed his hand to stop her for saying anything further about his parents.

She gave him a questioning look and he heaved a sigh.

"It's alright Asad"... She smiled at him. "I underst-" this time he didn't cut her off , she interrupted herself.

Her hand went to her  swollen belly and she tighten her eyes in pain.

"Call Najib"...her tone became rough.

She was finding it hard to breathe all of a sudden.

Asad became shocked and scared.

'What was happening to her?'... He thought.

"Asad called Najib, I don't think I can hold this baby anymore "... she scream and Asad rushed out.

Inkedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें