Chapter 49

"Run away from people who turn off your smile"...

                                             ~Rose.

—————————————————————

Hiba and the uppity man exchanged glances and glares before she settled down and sat besides Nawal and her mother.

"Do you know her Najib?"... Alhaji El-Kurfee asked his son whose eyes were glued to Hiba.

"No Abbi (father), her beauty just held me captivated"... Najib El-Kurfee lied as he stared at Hiba.

Hiba was indeed a beautiful lady and her demeanor was one that Najib adored, most especially her bravery but he did not want to marry a woman who threw money at his face and told him to get a life.

From staring at Hiba with annoyance, Najib slowing stared checking her out.

He observed that her melanin skin gave her that African look, her eyebrows were thick and furry eyebrows then her nose was sharp and pointy. Her lips were sculpted round and puffy, her lips were sculpted to perfection and her eyes were midnight dark just like the night with little stars in them.

Hiba kept a straight face as she stared at him as well but she could not deny the fact that he was good looking.

This was not who she expected to see.

She thought she would see an old bald and short ugly man with a big tummy but the guy seated opposite her was irresistibly handsome.

From his well craved beard with his good-looking jawline up to his prominent shaped nose, his eyes were fierce and resembled that of an Arabian man and his lips had a confident smile plastered on it.

His skin was covered with melanin giving him his caramel skin color and from judging his looks , one could tell that he was an Arabian.

A dark Arabian to be precise.

Hiba and Najib kept on stealing glances here and there while their parents spoke.

"You like what you see?"... Nawal interrupted the duo's moment and whispered into Hiba's ear making Hiba shy.

"Noooo I don't like him at all. He is not even fine"... Hiba lied as she whispered back.

Hiba agreed with the fact that her husband to be was handsome but he was not her type.

He was arrogant and uppity and those type of men irritated her.

Nawal simply chucked and just hummed in response to Hiba's statement.

"So it is settled, the wedding will take place in a month time".... Aunt Nafisa's statement caught Hiba's attention making Hiba listen to the current topic in the living.

"A month?"... Hiba and Najib said in unison as they both stared at their parents.

"Yes so that everything will be planned well and orderly"... Aunt Nafisa stated making Alhaji El-Kurfee nod.

Hiba wanted to say something stupid but Nawal hurriedly spoke.

"How about we leave the married couple to be alone to get to know each other perhaps"... She suggested and watch Najib nod.

"I want to be alone with my wife to be , at least let her tell me her name and what she is like"...Najib stated but his eyes were focus on Hiba who sent him a death glare.

"Yes. We want to be alone"... Hiba said and stared at Najib with anger.

"Okay".... Nawal and all the elders stated.