Chapter 31

"Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight".
~Unknown.

—————————————————————

Anas woke up with a throbbing headache and a numb body.

His eyes searched around his surrounding and he noticed that he was still in Big boss' mansion.

He sat up right and held his head that was still banging.

He tried recalling what happened before he slept off but his mind was empty.

'Aunt Karima called me and we were talking and...' Anas trailed off remembering the tea and what Karima said to him afterwards.

'Oh no, Asad!'... Anas stood up still feeling dizzy and walked out of big boss Mansion.

Anas quickly called Asad's driver to come and pick him up then he went straight to the venue and met Kamal and Aneesa happily feeding each other with cake.

The main wedding was already over and the dinner had already started.

Anas then met Karima's gaze followed by big boss and finally Asad.

Asad didn't stare at Anas though.

His attention was focused on the couple who were playing Cupid in front of him.

'Your family will surely be the death of you Asad'...Anas walked towards Asad and effortlessly pulled Asad up.

"Let's go"... Anas said to Asad who remained silent and lost in his own thought.

"Yeah betray hurts when it comes from the people you trust. Now let's go"... Anas stated and tried taking Asad out of the hall but Asad didn't want to go.

"Anas let go of my hand"... Asad said in an extremely calm yet sad manner with his gaze fixed on Aneesa and Kamal.... Aneesa in particular.

Anas seemed confused but decided to listen to Asad.

He then sat besides Asad and watched the duo display their love.

Asad kept on watching the duo with pained eyes.

'So this is the reason she left?'.. Asad thought as his eyes became glossy but he was quick to blink his tears away.

He knew he made her cry and hurt her when she started working with him but he wanted to change.

He wanted to become a better person for her... he was trying to the best that he could but he guess it was not enough.

Kamal mistakenly stained Aneesa's veil and then Aneesa pouted at him making the audience chorus an "Awwwn".

Asad only felt his heart hurt him more.

'She used to pout at me that way making me think I was actually important in her life'....Asad thoughts were speaking.

He watched Aneesa stand up and walked out through the exit.

Asad also stood up to go and meet her.

Anas noticed and gave Asad a confused look.

"Don't follow me"... Asad warned Anas and also walked out through the exit.

Aneesa who just came out from washing off the dirt on her veil didn't take notice of Asad who was coming towards her.

In the process, she bumped into his torso and tripped but he was quick to catch her from falling.

His gray eyes then pierced into her charcoal eyes.