Chapter 40

"You can't make someone love you by giving them more of what they don't appreciate".

                                     ~Unknown.

—————————————————————-

"Asad I love you".... Aneesa tipped toed back and kissed him harder than before.

Asad was lost for a moment... he did not kiss her back but he didn't push her away either but he firmly held her waist as she kissed him.

He thought he would feel something but he felt nothing... he did not feel the spark he usually felt when he was with Nawal.

Nawal did not have to kiss him to make him feel any spark, even a simple touch of the hand sent electric waves down Asad's body.

Asad just stood there , confused as Aneesa kissed him.

Millions of thoughts swirled through his head and he didn't know what felt right anymore.

Nawal watched everything through the curtain and quietly walked away.

Her heart became heavy as she walked to her room and locked the door behind her.

She then placed her hand on her mouth and let the tears cascade down her cheek.

Her heart started beating fast as her tears rushed down and all she could feel at the moment was pain.

Nothing but pure pain and somewhat betrayal.

Yeah she knows that she cheated on Asad once but she was forced to do so but Asad let Aneesa kiss him so freely and willingly and to make things worst he pulled her closer to him by her waist.

'He could not even stop her. Why did he not stop her?'... Nawal's tears quickened.

'Why are you crying, the goal is to remain focus and not fall in love'... she said to herself as her tears rushed down.

Her knees started getting weak and so she sat down and leaned her back against the wall and then curled up and just cried uncontrollably.

'What's worst than loving someone that can't love you back?'... she thought.

Damn... it hurts like hell.

She knew she can't be with Asad even if he did love her.

If she decided to love him, then he will be killed and she will also be killed so it was a lost.

'I don't have the courage to hurt Asad'... Nawal cried harder knowing she can not exhibit the plan.

She knew she couldn't do it since from the onset.

She just wanted to spend time with Asad even if it was for a moment before her father kills her for being a failure.

'I am sorry I can not hurt Asad again'... Nawal hopelessly cried in her room.

Meanwhile in the living room....

Aneesa pulled out of the kiss and stared at Asad who seemed confused.

"Your wife saw us"... Aneesa stated and gently pushed herself away from Asad.

Asad who was confused instantly became worried and scared.

'Nawal saw us?'... he thought as his worry grew.

'If she did not hate me before, now she definitely will'... Asad then stated making him become anxious.

"Did..did she see you kiss me?"... Asad silently prayed that Aneesa would say no.

"Yes"... Aneesa answered and Asad's heart instantly sank.