Chapter 5

"Forgiveness can be seen as the sweetest revenge".

                                    Anonymous.

—————————————————————

Third person's P.O.V

A week later..........

Asad woke up and went to put water for bathing as usual. It turns out Aunt Karima didn't break or dislocate his arm the other day , she just bruised it and gave him some injuries there in which Kamal treated.

Throughout the week that had passed, Asad has been having his daily food which was cane but got tired of it and decided to obey Aunt Karima's orders, he had no choice after all. 

He had lost more weight compared to when he first came here and his eye bags were visible...even from a far.

Karima made sure to torture him in different ways.

He took the heavy pot and placed it on to the burning coal... panting heavily as he released the pot filled with water.

He then watched the pot on the hot red coal for a minutes and decided to go back inside .

As he steps in , he notices Aunt Karima's presence in the living room but decides to ignore her.

"Asad"... She called out , sounding irritated as usual.

Asad simply turned but did notreply.

She have started getting use to the fact that he doesn't talk , only when necessary or when required.

"Your school informed me that you are starting your exams today, after you have taken the bathing water to each room, get ready and go to school"... She stated and Asad simply nodded .

'So she is nice enough to inform me that my exams is starting today?'...Asad thought.

"And mind you, I don't want to see you near my kitchen. You nearly burnt everything after I asked you to cook and upon that you made rubbish. I don't know why I even asked a ten year old to cook"...She hissed and Asad feign nonchalance.

Deep down within him , he was celebrating victory.

'Serves you right, you deserve way worst'... He thought as he walked away.

Soon the bathing water was ready and he made sure he took it to the various rooms , little remained so he used it to take his bath outside. He wasn't allowed to use his cousin's bathroom.

Karima forbade him.

As soon as he was done he went straight his cousin's room to get dressed.

"Where do you think you are going loser?" ...Yunusa's annoying voice echoed across the room as he was buttoning his school uniform.

Asad ignored him as usual and picked up his uniform from his luggage .

"You know he is a dumb person, leave the idiot alone"...Lateef's voice came in which Asad also ignored as he wore on his uniform.

"Guys let's forget him and go and eat"... Kamal stated, trying to get their attention away from Asad before they do something to him.

Yunusa and Lateef nodded to this and soon the trio left .

When he was done he noticed that he was the only in the room and decided take a look at the mirror.

He was shocked to see his reflection. The eye bags he had developed, the bloodshot red eyes. He looked like a human skeleton who had no reason to live but was still living. It was then his parents' death hit him once again.